Wednesday, October 27, 2021

THIS AND THAT


 Hello, friends.  The countdown to the end of the month begins.  I feel as if time is just whizzing by me and I can't seem to get on my feet with it.  

I enjoy Halloween to see all the cute little kids with their costumes collecting candy.  I like the jack-o-lanterns.  I like the cute black kitties.  I do NOT like skeletons, witches, goblins, devils (demons), etc.  And I noticed that this year there is more demonic stuff on TV, etc. than in years past.  Just another sign of where this old world is going.  Still I do hand out treats (this year veggie chips) and Gospel tracts to the kids who show up.  Never a lot on this little one block street.  But I always say if the world is beating a path to your door, give them the Gospel.

I have some pictures I haven't shown you yet, so thought I would do that today.

For the last three years my African violet didn't bloom at all.  And now all of a sudden I have four beautiful flowers.  So pretty.  The strange thing is I thought I had bought a white and purple flowered plant.  These flowers are definitely pink.  I have it on the kitchen table by the back windows and it must get just the right light.



This is one of Jack's favorite places to spy on Joe and me.


I snapped this photo on the way to my sister's house before we went to the Poconos.  We were stopped at a red light and I looked over and saw this cute little evergreen tree.  I just liked the whole composition and fortunately I had the time to grab my camera and take the shot.


Elaine had such pretty mums in her front yard.  But there was a heavy rain right before we got there and they all drooped.  Hopefully they recovered as they dried out.  I forgot to ask her but I will have to when I talk to her next.


Yesterday I went to get the MRI on my knee that I hurt.  My appointment was for 8:00 and I got caught in traffic.  I showed up about 8:10 but they still took me.  The MRI lasted about 45 minutes.  My leg was screaming by the time I got out.  It hurts to hold it straight and I was locked into the brace they gave me for the whole time so it wouldn't move.  I could barely walk when I got out.  But it is done and hopefully will give me some answers to what is going on.  Today it is very swollen and painful.

I came home from the appointment, grabbed something to eat and my meds and went over to church to teach Bible Study.  I haven't been there for a couple of weeks (Pastor took over teaching duties for me) so it was nice to get back to it.  We did most of Hebrews 7.  I will finish it up next week and hopefully move on to chapter 8.

And that's about it.  I have a couple of days off and then on Friday it's evening Bible Study.  Hope you are having a productive week.  Make sure to check in on my vlog this week -- Kathy's Happy Home.  It's yet another recipe, but I think you will really like this one -- cheeseburger pie.

See you really soon -- I hope.

Kathy






5 comments:

  1. Happy tp see a post! Hope you get your knee problem resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little tree is a 'just right' size! I can see why you took the picture. Like the photo of Jack. He looks so serious...
    The African Violet is so pretty! I wasn't aware they came in colors. Praying for you & that the MRI reveals something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about this month having whizzed by, Kathy, as it is hard to believe it’s nearly gone. Sure hope the MRI will help determine future treatment for the knee. You have been on the go so much that maybe extended rest is needed now. The African violets do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading your blog and checking in with Kathy's Happy Home but how are you? No one told me about the claustrophobic feeling of an MRI until I was being pushed in the tube. Oh my goodness!! I had to repeat the 23rd Psalm in my head (eyes closed) and when I got to the part, 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death' I substituted though I get pushed into the tube of death, I will fear no evil. I was able to do my 20 min. but 45 min.!? I hope they took lots of pics so you don't have to do that again. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. For some reason I did not see you last two blog posts. I hope you are feeling better, especially your knee. I have been staying up with your youtube videos. I have knee issues as well and have been told that I need to have knee replacement, but I will put that off as long as possible. MRIs are not fun. Been there done that. I need to try that hamburger pie recipe you had on youtube. I hope you will give us an update on your knee and your house hunt soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.