Wednesday, November 10, 2021

HERE'S WHAT IS GOING ON


Hello, friends!  Hope you are all having the most wonderful day.  The weather here has been very warm -- up in the 70s (22*C).  Sunny too.  Such great weather.  I should have spent more time outside.  I have a feeling this is the last of the nice weather until next spring.

Yesterday I saw my new cardiologist.  My old doctor died of Covid last year.  So sad.  I liked him a lot and I like this new doctor too.  The new doctor was recommended by the office of the doctor I used to see. Because I may be facing surgery on my knee (most likely) he is giving me a stress test and an echocardiogram next week.  This way he can OK me to go under anesthesia.

Today was a nicer visit.  I went to my hairdresser and got my hair cut.  Lisa always does a wonderful job and today was no different.  I love the cut.  Now I just have to color it in the next few days.  I don't have the money to have it done professionally and I do a decent job myself.

We called out for Chinese for dinner tonight.  I got pork lo mein and a couple of egg rolls.  It just hit the spot.  I was so hungry because I didn't have time to eat lunch.

Tomorrow I take Joe to his doctor appointment.  Then on Friday I see my gastroenterologist.  Next week I see the orthopedist.  It's a busy couple of weeks.  But then I don't have anything scheduled for the rest of the year.

Just how did it get to be the end of the year already?  It seems as if the year just started and now it's almost gone.  Time is flying by.  And I just keep getting older.

Last night we watched the movie "Star Trek" from 2009.  Quite a movie.  I am such a big fan of Star Trek and when they went off of the storyline from the original series I was a little upset.  I wasn't sure if I liked the movie or not.  But it has stayed with me all day today so it was a powerful movie.  I don't think we realize just how powerful movies, TV and social media can be.

So that's what's happening.  I still haven't finished my next video for my YouTube channel.  I figure it will get up when it gets up.  So much housework and cleaning to do around here.  I'm in so much pain that very little gets done. I have to push myself though because we are having company for Thanksgiving and it's only two weeks away.  Two weeks!

Then I will be getting all of my Christmas shopping done and the gifts wrapped.  I want everything done way before Christmas.  I don't know how I will be feeling when the holiday rolls around.

So I will say goodbye for now.  I'll be back soon.


Until later...

Kathy
 




5 comments:

  1. I am a Trek fan too! I agree that we do not realize the impact movies & media have on us. The Trek movie with the whales really made me see how we take things for granted & yet how the smallest 'loss' can upset everything....The same with harsh,critical words on media.
    You do have a busy schedule! Hope all the medical reports are positive. As for the cleaning? Do what you can. People who know & love you will understand. The rest? Well....Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the new doctor was one you liked because that is so important and I think it does help a person feel better too. Hope the upcoming doctor visits all go well. Yeah to Chinese cuisine, which we also enjoy but haven't had in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see this post. For a while, I was not seeing any of your new posts in my feed, but this one did come through. Sounds like you have a busy week with doctor visits. I hope everything goes well. I am wondering if you are having knee replacement surgery. That's what has been recommended for me and I am just putting it off as long as possible. I used to be quite a Star Trek fan of the old series (both with Capt. Kirk and Picard) but the movies, not so much. I hope you and Joe both have a good weekend. I will look for your next youtube. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to find a new Dr that you like. I'm happy for you! I know of Star Trek but not having grown up with TV I never watched it. It's so nice to enjoy a movie once in awhile though.
    Blessings to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have you here again. Whatever worries kept you away, I hope are gone now. What fun to be planning for Thanksgiving company. Just a little bit at a time will get you there. I hate that you have so much pain and am praying for your relief.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.