Friday, November 12, 2021

LOOKING LIKE FALL -- FINALLY


 Hello, friends!  How is everything with you?  I meant to post yesterday for Veterans Day but I wasn't feeling too good last night.  I laid down around 6:30 p.m. and woke up around 11:30 p.m.  I got up, went downstairs and fell asleep on the sofa for another 5 hours.  I must have been more tired than I thought I was.

In any case, I do thank all of those men and women who have served our country in the armed forces.  It is a job I neither could do or would want to do.  I admire them so much.  So many people in my family have served.  From the Revolutionary War to the present.

Joe had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  I had to wait in the car since the only ones allowed into the office are the patients themselves.  When he came out, we headed to Target to get his medication at the CVS there.  

But on the way I mentioned that I was hungry.  He was too.  So we made a detour to East Coast Wings and Grill for a late lunch/early dinner.  It was pretty empty so we got seated right away.  And we got our favorite waiter, Bobbie.  It was a win-win for us.  Joe's meal was free for Veterans Day.  He got a huge cheeseburger and fries.  I got wings with honey garlic sauce.  So good!  And sweet potato waffle fries.  What a treat to not have to make dinner and to have someone serve it to us on dishes that I didn't have to wash.

I stayed in the car while Joe went in to get his medicine.  I am walking as little as possible these days.  While I was sitting there I was looking at all the pretty trees and thinking how much I love the colors of fall.  So I pulled out my camera and took some pictures of them to show you.  They aren't the best since I took them through the windshield, but here they are.





Before we know it all these lovely leaves will be gone and winter will have set in.  But until that time I will enjoy the glorious colors.  Hopefully I will be able to get some better pictures before that time.

And now I have to get started with my day.  I see the GI doctor this afternoon.  Then more doctors next week.  At least I'm getting them all out of the way at one time.

So until later, take care of yourselves and I will see you soon.

Kathy





18 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, sorry to hear about your troubles I hope things are sorting themselves out. Hang on in there.
    I've had trouble getting into your blog as it came up open to invitation only, but today no problems. The last post I think was about your possible house move.

    All the best and fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting my read your blog again! I hope you feel better soon. Both Phil and I had 2 free meals on Veterans day. One meal I don't make tonight as we are going to Burgers and worship service tonight. Meal starts at 6 and service as 7. We most likely will get a free meal at Red Robin this weekend as well. I like all the colored leaves now. I have some posted on a post in my blog. Praying you continue to heal my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, Welcome back my friend. It's good to hear from you again. I hope everything has turned to the better for you and Joe. That's wonderful that restaurants are serving our veterans free meals on veteran's day. They certainly deserve it and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy.Good to see you back and those lovely fall colors. I do all the driving now, so my dearest gets to look around and I have to keep my eyes on road..haha.
    Since Covid we had not had any events at the Villa where we live, but yesteray I finally got to do a Cooking Class...with some restrictions of course. I did post a couple pictures. I love Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you and Joe were able to get out on Veterans Day and a nice treat for him as well. Pat also had a free meal at a local restaurant that serves a prime rib dinner. ope that all the medical appts will bring some news on the next steps to help you get back to walking without pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell Joe, "thank you for your service." So glad you got such a delicious meal at one of your favorite places. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you . . . I will soak up fall and enjoy the leaves as long as they hang on!

    Thanks for opening your blog back up to me. I had wondered where you were, and when I came over to see, I saw that your blog was invitation only.

    Happy (remaining) fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried reading your blog several times and it said it had gone private. I was a little disappointed. Glad I was able to read a post. Hope you're feeling better and hope you're having a good Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the fall colors! Orange,reds...so beautiful. Please thank Joe for his service. I think it's wonderful that service people can be served a free meal. (and no clean up/ dishes to do is a bonus!) Hope all your appointments move you to better results. Happy Fall y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fall colors make the season so bright and pretty to enjoy. I sit on the pordh and look at the mountains around me and appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors! The leaves this year have seemed more vibrant to me. I don't know, maybe it's just due to the crazy world we live in right now, and the trees are a bright spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy! Would you believe today is the first time your posts have shown up on my followers list. All of them at once! I thought I did something wrong when you moved to a private setting but I am so glad I can see your posts again! I hope you are feeling better and things will settle down for you. We got about 5 inches of snow in the past few days so I guess winter has arrived on the Canadian prairies. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter! Take good care, Dianna in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pleasant surprise to see your email this morning after being informed that your posts had gone private. Thank you for sending everything that I had missed.
    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good afternoon, Kathy! I love the leaves too. They seemed to take so long to get colorful this year. Now ours are falling fast!
    I'm glad that you got a special treat of having a meal made for you with your special veteran. Having someone cook and clean up is a gift for sure!
    Hope all the upcoming appointments go smoothly for you. Please take care! I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad Joe had his meal. Sounds like a good lunch for you both. I think I need to go back and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad to see your blog posts coming through on my sidebar again! I've missed you! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.