Saturday, October 2, 2021

I AM SO TOUCHED


 

Hello, friends!  Happy Saturday.  The first weekend of October.  And how did we get here already?  Does anyone else feel as if time is just flying by?  And it got cold all of a sudden.  Time to take the a/c out of the window.

First of all, I want to thank you all so very, very much for wanting to continue to read my blog.  Your kind words and beautiful notes to me just made me cry.  I don't know how I got the BEST readers in the entire world, but I am so very grateful that God has put you all in my life.  I read every word you all wrote to me.  It was wonderful that some of you told me about yourselves.  Now I feel as if I really know you.  I feel like we are sitting here together with our warm cups of coffee, tea or hot chocolate (take your pick) and are having a nice chat together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Just when a bunch of bad stuff was happening to me, God saw fit to remind me that I am not alone and there are nice people out there who care.

I am writing this early this morning while I am waiting for time to pass until I can take my next dose of medicine.  Oh what a time I have each day.  First I take my thyroid medicine which has to be taken at least 3 hours after my last meal, snack or whatever.  Then I have to wait one hour before I can take my high blood pressure medicine.  I need to wait 30 minutes and then take my stomach medicine.  Wait another 30 minutes and then I can eat.  So during that time I feed Jack,...

...make out my "to do" list for the day, watch some TV or YouTube, read my Bible and pray or any number of other things.  Taking my medicine is particularly hard when I go away.  I have to wake up so early so I can get them all in before breakfast.  I don't always have control over when breakfast is served.

This is going to be a very busy week for me.  Tomorrow is going to be Harvest Day at church.  This year it is later than usual and we are having an indoor picnic.  I volunteered to bring a salad.  Originally I was going to make a broccoli salad but then I found out that Carolyn was bringing one.  So then I was going to make a BLT salad.  But now I decided to just go with my "world famous" potato salad.  At least it will be soft enough for me to eat.  Even if it is more CARBS!  I was doing so well for so long.  Now not being able to eat well, carbs are the easy way to go.  But in a week or two it's back to healthy eating.  I WILL be losing this extra weight.  I really need to.

So I have to make the salad today.  And I want to make Mississippi Pot Roast for dinner because that will be soft to eat. I have three apples that will go bad if they don't get eaten soon, so I am making a rustic apple pie for dessert tonight.  More carbs!

This week is also our denomination's Annual Conference in the Pocono Mountains.  Joe and I are attending that.  And then on Friday, we have my nephew's wedding to attend out of town.  I think by Sunday I will want to collapse.  Or else I will be so rested from not cleaning, cooking and doing laundry that I will be all set to go.  I hope the latter.

I want to get some fall decorating done today too.  Let's see how much I can do.  I have about 50 things on my to do list.  There is no way that is going to happen but I don't want to forget anything.

So that's what's happening.  I think I will get off of here.  Jack just hit me in the face with his tail.  I think he wants to get fed.

Have a great day!  Until later...

Kathy





1 comment:

  1. Jack is so handsome! Loved 'visiting' with you today! You are one busy lady.Looking forward to the salad. Russ said he'll take your share of the carbs as he needs to put on weight. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.