Monday, October 11, 2021

THIRD DAY OF ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Wednesday was the last day of the Annual Conference.  I managed to get to breakfast and sat at a table by the door.  But it was right in front of the open door and I started shivering.  So we moved one table over.  Joe got me breakfast again.  I had scrambled eggs, a hash brown potato patty and bacon.  He had French toast.  An elder from another church sat down with us and we had such a nice conversation over breakfast.  Then Joe went back to the meeting and I went back to the room.  I really wanted to go to the meeting but...  So livestreaming it was.

After laying down for awhile I had to use the bathroom and while I was up I packed up some of our things so it wouldn't all be on Joe when he got out of the conference.  I couldn't do everything, but most of it was finished when he came back to get me for lunch.

Lunch was a baked chicken sandwich and fries.  I had trouble eating the chicken with my sore jaw so I ate half and Joe ate the other half for me.  Then I went back to the room.

I took a video of the room for my YouTube channel and some pictures to show you.  We had a nice double bed to sleep in.  It was comfortable and I slept well.

There were also two sets of bunk beds.  I sat on the lower one a lot since it was easy for me.  I got around the room by holding on to the bunks.  Since this is a camp site for kids during the summer, there are bunk beds in every room for the campers.


And since it is in the Pocono mountains, the views out the window were always beautiful.







The meetings ended around 4:00 p.m.  We hated saying goodbye to our friends, but we will be back in six months.  The conference is going back to its original date in April.  Not that it's any warmer in April than it is in October.  We packed up, returned the room keys to the Guest Services Building, and left for the motel we always stay at.  I don't drive in the dark if I can help it and certainly not 3 hours in a place I don't know.  

We always stay at the Super 8 motel.  It's such a nice place.  Super clean and the staff is so nice and friendly.  This time did not disappoint.  And we always stay in the same room.  I think they have only one handicapped accessible room.

I love the view out the window here.


I was in so much pain that I didn't feel like driving to a restaurant.  So Joe called out for dinner.  He had a small pepperoni pizza and I had four chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce.  They were really good!  And they delivered right to our room.  We had never done that before, but we will again.

Thursday morning we got up and showered.  What a nice shower that was!  It was like getting a massage.  Joe was dressed first and went to the breakfast room and got us muffins for breakfast.  Then we packed up and left.


I didn't know how to get home so we had the GPS on.  And I drove.  And drove.  And drove some more not having any idea where I was going.  We were going through beautiful scenery, but they were all little towns and no highways.  Hmm...  Finally the GPS led us to a closed road.  I tried to get it to go elsewhere, but it wouldn't.  I pulled into a garage and Joe got out to ask directions.  The man in there was very helpful.  By this time I had pulled out my phone and gotten the Waze app up.  So we turned around and Waze had us going back the way we had come.  Instead of heading for Philly, we were headed for New York!

It was an interesting drive.  The usual drive of 2 1/2 hours, turned into 3 1/2 hours.  I was running out of gas and finally we saw a gas station that was open.  I pulled in and Joe got out and filled the tank.  Then we started driving again.  All with my swollen, hurt knee.

We saw parts of Pennsylvania we didn't even know existed!  And everything was so beautiful.  If I hadn't been driving and hadn't wanted to get home, I would have been taking pictures.  I did find some on Google though that looked a lot like what we saw.  Check out "Bucks County, PA in the fall."  (I was very happy when I found out we were in Bucks County.  It's right next to Philly.)

After 3 hours of driving we found I-95 and got on.  Another half hour on that and we were finally home.  I was so glad to stop driving.  We were home about 24 hours before we had to leave again to go to my nephew's wedding.  But that's another story for another day.

Thanks for coming along with me on this long story.  I'll tell you about the wedding tomorrow.  See you then.

Kathy


2 comments:

  1. Interesting...GPS was lost. Glad you found your way. Joe is such a help to you. Hope you get to see the doctor & get help soon. Praying for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read you are still not feeling well, Kathy. Our GPS has taken us on many round-about adventures including some unusual side roads. Glad the gas station provided better directions and you made it home. Hope you arfe able to rest up. Kudos to Joe for being so helpful and attentive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.