Saturday, October 9, 2021

SECOND DAY OF ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Tuesday was the second day of our Annual Conference.  Joe and I got up and went across the street to the dining hall for breakfast.  We had scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes.  Instead of potatoes, Joe had pancakes.  Everything was good.

We finished and headed to the door to go to the morning meetings.  I was almost there when my right knee gave out on me.  I was in so much pain and couldn't put any weight on it.  Joe was ahead of me talking to some people and I could hardly walk.  One of the pastors came up to me and asked if he could help me.  I took his help up to a low wall right by the building.  I sat there and Joe saw me and came back.  He helped me into the building.

I got a seat and sat there through the session.  The singing and worship messages were great.  But by the break I was ready to go back to the room.  Joe helped me back and then had to return to the meetings.  I laid down on the bed and turned on the livestream of the meetings and watched it that way.  I had taken some Tylenol and drifted off for awhile.

Joe came back at lunch time but I couldn't eat.  He stayed with me until he had to go back to the meetings.  The same thing, I watched some -- the messages especially -- and then slept some.

At dinner it took me a long time leaning on my cane and Joe to get to the dining hall.  I sat at a table by the door with some pastor friends of ours and Joe got me dinner.  I had a chicken leg and wing, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

I really wanted to go to the evening session because we were ordaining nine men but I decided the best thing to do was put my leg up.  I tried to make it back to the room, but couldn't.  Joe got one of the pastors to bring our car over to us.  Then he drove me back to the room.  I again watched the livestream and when Joe came back, we went to bed.  We went to bed about 8:30 p.m. every night because we were so tired.

And that was how I spent the second day.  Not very exciting.

This was the picture over our bed and that was what I was trying to do.  Still trying every day.  Relax... God is in control.

Third day tomorrow.  Have a good night.

Kathy

  





2 comments:

  1. How painful! At least you could watch the streaming. I think I would have slept too. Hope you mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how awful. Hope you have ice and moutrin. Those are my go to s when I really hurt. Bless you and have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.