Friday, October 8, 2021

FIRST DAY OF ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Joe and I started off fine on Monday morning.  We headed up to my sister's house as a break in the long drive.  It was pouring, then cleared up, then poured again.  And the traffic was terrible.  I was stuck behind a truck and in the mess followed him instead of sticking to the road I was supposed to be on.  I ended up on Route 80 instead of Route 183.  I started getting upset and that did not help matters.  We got off at the first exit and I began to recognize landmarks.  The trouble was, I didn't know how to get to her house from any of them.  I ended up pulling into a parking lot and calling her.  I was going the wrong direction.  She had me turn around and head back.  But then I still didn't know where I was going.  So I pulled into a BP station and called her again.  It just so happened that this is where she buys her gas and so was able to stay on the phone and talk me through where I was driving.  Ugh!!!!  What an idiot I am sometimes.

This was the day that the tree people were at her house to take down a tree in her front yard.  So they had to move so that I could back into the driveway.  What a mess.  But look who greeted me when I went up to the door.

Little Ace is so cute.  Right away he wanted to play ball with me and Joe.

Elaine made us a wonderful lunch.  Lots of soft salads for my jaw.  (Still a little sore -- still have stitches in it.)  We had a nice visit and then it was off again.

This time we had the GPS on and I didn't have any trouble the rest of the trip.  But we did drive through several downpours.  Oh my it was bad.  But afterwards we were able to see the clouds laying on top of the mountains.  Part of Appalachia.  We saw signs pointing to the Appalachian Trail.




We got to Pinebrook and Joe registered us.  I stayed in the car.  My leg was hurting me from driving.  We were in the building right nearest to the meeting area and the dining hall.  It was dinner time so we headed over.  The food looked good, but I was still so full from lunch.  I just had a piece of sole stuffed with crabmeat which was so good.  Then we headed over to the meeting hall.

I was concerned because I was so out of breath when I got there.  I think I need to call my cardiologist next week.  Of course I am carrying a lot of weight.  I am trying so hard to lose.

Joe met up with Pastor and I got this great shot of them sitting together.

I met my friend, Sharon, and a couple of other pastors' wives.  There was great music and three speakers.  The theme this year was ReSet (a recognition of 2020's year of great change) and all week there were messages about the seven churches of the book of Revelation.


We also recognized two new churches into our denomination.

It was over around 8:30 p.m.  Joe and I walked slowly back to our room and went to bed.  It was a long day.  And I slept well.  I slept for 7 hours straight -- something I rarely do.

And I'll tell you about day 2 tomorrow.

I have noticed that only Debbie is commenting on my posts.  Can the rest of you read them?  Can you not comment?  Please let me know if you see these posts.  If there is something wrong, I want to try to fix it.  I appreciate you!

Kathy




 
 




3 comments:

  1. You are not an idiot! Anyone getting turned around would be upset. I know Ace's face at the door made you smile. Aren't sisters wonderful? Great photo of Joe & Pastor. Glad to hear that you slept well. Sometimes it's hard in a strange place..Know that you are both in our thoughts & prayers! Safe travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no need to apologize, Kathy, for going the wrong way (at first), these things have happened to most people at one time or another, but you and Joe made it your destination safely is what was important. And, yes I can see your post, but was playing catch-up with some house chores and other things and had not read or commented on blogs in recent days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone Kathy. I've lived in So. Ca. my entire life and have driven all the freeways with no problems. The past 5 years things have changed. I'm so overwhelmed driving the Orange County or Los Angeles freeways. The traffic is terrible and I just can't find my way around those areas any longer. Unless it's an area I've traveled many times..forget it I'm lost.
    It sounds like a terrific conference. I enjoyed the singing and it's a very good picture of your hubby and pastor.
    I haven't commented because it has been such a hectic week. There doesn't seen to be as many hours in a day...at least not this week. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.