Monday, February 1, 2021

WELCOME FEBRUARY


 Hello, friends!  Can you believe it is February already?  And what a way to start the new month.  We are having the biggest snow storm in the last 3 years.  Fortunately it did not hit us too hard, but my poor sister lives farther north than me and has gotten over 24 inches.  She has spent many hours last night and all of today shoveling out.  As fast as she shovels, the snow fills it all in again.

I will show you snow pictures tomorrow but for today we will say goodbye to January.

It was a strange New Year's Day with no parade and the pandemic going on.

I began showing you my cat socks.  I have to finish doing that in the next few weeks.

I started a vlog called "Kathy's Happy Home" on my birthday (December 29) so most of the posts have been this past month.

I finished reading one book and have started on a second.  Although I have gotten sidetracked with my reading.

I got a drive-thru Covid-19 test which came back negative.  I have been very careful so I didn't expect that I would be positive.

I also had an endoscopy/colonoscopy which did not come out as well as I would have hoped.  I must call tomorrow for the outcome of the biopsy.  But I am not thinking about the worst, but the best outcome.

I saw my primary doctor for a wellness check which went very well even though I didn't get to see her until 2 hours after my appointment time.

And yesterday we had a business meeting after church and a small luncheon.  I say small because only 5 of us were there, social distancing as we ate.  All the food was great and I am glad we had a chance to socialize.  That's the thing I miss the most about not being able to go out and about.

Let me show you the calendars for this month.

The Breathtaking View calendar has a picture of the Capitol Building in Washington, DC at sunset.  How peaceful it looks.  When this photo was taken I'm sure the photographer had no clue of the chaos that would take place in just a few months.

The flower of the month is a pink rose.


The Moorehead Collection calendar is adorable as always.  The little boy and girl celebrating Valentine's Day is charming.  And I love the sweet penguin between them.  "Valentines of pink and red, special words of kindness said."


And finally, the Nature's Wonder calendar.  This picture of the little white church at sunset, the horse and sleigh on the snow covered bridge and the icy stream is just so peaceful looking.



And with that I must end and get to bed.  Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.  I will see you all soon.

Kathy






11 comments:

  1. I like the Charlie Brown photo you shared. I looked at it a bit then laughed. We are having quite a bit of rain these days. As of Wed we are not having rain thru Sunday. So far. My sister was up by a mtn in Washington and there was so much snow you couldn't see the building you can go into. WOW!!! Hope your sister is ok. That's a lot of snow to shovel. Take care and hopefully there are good health coming soon. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the calendar photos! The capitol sunset may be my favorite however the rose is so pretty... When you do the looking back at all that went on the previous month, it's amazing all that happened! I'm with you on hoping for the best biopsy outcome. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Kathy. January was quite a month. I love that picture of the Capitol before all the troops and security fencing went up. Hope you get good results from the biopsy. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you got a lot of snow! I'll have to look at that webcam again. Hope you get good results from your tests. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done well to follow all health leads. I will agree with you that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy February to you! We got 6 inches of snow a few days ago and we’re still enjoying it! ❄️ Snowball fights and ⛄️ snowman building!

    Glad to hear you are doing well with your snow and health! Love the cute & pretty calendar pics you shared.

    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I can almost smell that beautiful pink rose. Wishing you good results on your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We ended up getting about 8in. of snow but I'm sorry your sister has so much! Being retired at this time isn't too bad. When I worked I would be out on the road by 6:15am no matter the weather and on call I could be called at any hour. So even though I miss my job and coworkers I don't miss getting out in the cold and snow at all hours! I'm glad you were negative but sorry you had a not great outcome of your scopes. I did a ton of those when I worked and we took lots of biopsies and polyps and most were noncancer. Usually you could tell without the report if they were suspicious. Those aren't the best tests to prepare for but sure can be life saving. I'll keep you in my prayers that all will be good with the report. Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's hope that February is a much better month for all us. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those calendars. I hope that the test results are okay. I had a colonoscopy with polyps present but they were removed and benign. Always a relief.
    Blessings to you--I miss socializing, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flipping the page of the calendars is exciting to see what pops up! You have quite a few to flip and be surprised by. Going over to Kathy's Happy Home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.