Saturday, January 30, 2021

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


 Hello, friends!  I didn't realize that it has been a week since I posted.  Every day is full of stuff to do around the house and I have been sleeping a lot.  I really didn't mean to ignore you.  I hope you all have been doing just great.

This next week is going to be so busy with doctor appointments and of course we are slated to have a huge snow storm beginning tomorrow night and lasting until Tuesday morning.  We are supposed to get 9 to 12 inches (approx. 30 cm).  I am NOT looking forward to that.  And our high temperatures have been in the 20sF. (approx. -5*C).  This has brought on several asthma attacks so it has not been fun for me.  But we carry on as best we can.

This week I made a cake from scratch for the very first time.  It was my great-grandmother's recipe.  And when I tasted it, all the memories came rushing back of her making it.  It was so good.  Joe loved it too.  We have about a quarter of it left.

I am working this coming month on getting my kitchen under control.  Let's face it, this house is a mess and I need to get every room under control.  But I think the kitchen is the easiest and so I am starting there.  I will just work my way around the house and hopefully by this time next year the entire house will be done.

But let me show you what I have had for dinner the last few weeks.

On Sunday, January 10 we had a honey ham steak and zucchini with mushrooms.  I had a small container of applesauce on the side.  That ham was really good.

Tuesday, January 12th we had pork chops done in the air fryer, asparagus and french fries.  Joe made the pork chops for me.


Wednesday, January 13, we had macaroni and cheese and some Italian meatballs.  I buy the meatballs frozen.  They are really good.  I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for my mac and cheese.  It's the best recipe I have found.


On Monday the 18th we had spaghetti and meatballs.  Yes, more of those yummy meatballs.  It was a night that things kept popping up and it got later and later and this was a quick and easy dinner.



And on Tuesday the 19th I made a meatloaf and served it with mashed potatoes and carrots, green beans and wax beans.

See anything here that inspires you?  I sure hope so.

In the meantime, how did it get to be the end of January?  New Year's Day seems so long ago, and yet it seems as though there should be at least one more week of January.

I hope you have a great Sunday and I will do my best to not let another week pass before I stop in to see you all again.  I really do appreciate each and every one of you.  I feel as if I know so many of you and count you all as my friends.

Until later...

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. All great dinner ideas! I do hope your doctor appointments go well this week, and that the snow isn't too bad. Guess what, I made that bread pudding you demonstrated on your vlog and it was delicious and a hit with the whole family. Thank you! Hope to see you again soon. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still having cold weather with some rain all week. Phil and I went on a walk to a friend's house this afternoon to pick up 2 bowl holders. Good to use when bowl is in microwave and it keeps hands protected. I hope you stay warm and safe when out and about it wet or snowy weather. Your food looks good. I decided to make burritos for dinner instead of pizza as I was tired from the walk and woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep. I hope your asthma goes away soon. I can send you some essential oils that can help you thru it. Ones have helped me. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so good! I may try the mac cheese & meatballs. I really like meatballs. Okay & mac & cheese. It certainly has been cold but as you say,do what
    you gotta do. I love the way the snow makes the world look so pretty....then the shoveling. Take care & stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I really love meatloaf and I may make that this week. Yesterday I cooked a package of chow mein and orange chicken that I had purchased from Trader Joes and was it ever good. I also cooked up some white rice to have with it. I hope the snow storm isn't as bad as they are predicting in your area so you don't have a hard time getting to your upcoming doctor appointments. Good luck with your plan to tackle the kitchen clutter. It's always nice to have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mac and cheese, but with the white cheddar cheese. It's so yummy. I think we have lots more snow coming too. I'll be so glad when Spring finally gets here. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow you'll be getting came through here early this AM and after a lull has started up again. I hope you stay safe and get to all your appointments. Jack has an early blood test tomorrow before he goes back to work...the first day he's back since his surgery 2 weeks ago. Take care and your meals do look really good. Jack would be all on board for the meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have my menu planned out for this week (trying to be more organized with meal planning) . . . but I must check out the Pioneer Woman recipe for macaroni and cheese. Mac and cheese is true "comfort food" and winter is a good time for that!

    Isn't it wonderful to have blog friends? Stay warm and safe in this big snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.