Tuesday, February 16, 2021

MONDAY MAGAZINE ON A TUESDAY


 

Hello, friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday.  I will tell you all about mine in a future post.  It was... interesting.  I have so much to catch you all up on but time just flies by and before I know it, it's the next day.

I just realized recently that it's been awhile since I showed you a magazine, so I thought I would do that yesterday.  But it all spilled over to today.  The issue I'm showing you is allrecipes from December 2018/January 2019.  Not that long ago!


Ready, Set, Bake! is a list of ingredients that you should always have in your pantry.  Flour, sugar (white, brown and powdered), baking powder, baking soda, yeast, salt, cinnamon, cocca, nuts, vanilla extract, food coloring and butter.  Hurray, I have all of these things all the time!


Season's Eatings was interesting.  I never thought of putting baking spices into the things I was cooking.


This recipe was for clove-scented tomato soup.  Cloves in tomato soup?  Maybe I should give it a try.

How about nutmeg in a spinach pie?  That sounds interesting.


Pumpkin with ginger sounds pretty good to me.  I think I am going to be doing some baking.


This one, though, sounds a little strange to me.  Scallops with Oranges and Vanilla Beurre Blanc.


This pork loin is made with cardamom.  I don't think I would like that either.


This article on winter vegetables was interesting.  I don't make a lot of squash even though I like to eat it.

Other winter vegetables they have recipes for are Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, and Bok Choy.


I liked this article on weeknight meals.  I'm always looking to make something different.


The sheet pan Apple Honey-Glazed Chicken above and the Cod and Salisbury Steak with Mushrooms below all deserve a try.



This Bigger, Better Baking was a fun article.  Imagine baking one huge item instead of a lot of little ones.


A massive chocolate chip cookie that is cut into wedges.

A sugar cookie made into a snowglobe.


Or a supersized cinnamon roll.


There were recipes for celebrating three winter holidays.


Yakisoba for the Lunar New Year.


West African Peanut Stew for Kwanzaa.


And Scottish Bubbles and Squeak for Boxing Day.


And finally this article on taking one meal and making it an indulgence or a healthy option.


Broccoli cheese soup or Broccoli soup with pistachio gremolata.


American lasagna or Very veggie lasagna.


Orange beef stir fry or Sesame-orange beef and veggie stir fry.


There were a lot more article in here that were really good.  I hope you enjoyed this little peek into the issue.

I'll be back soon with another post.  I hope!

Until later,
Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Some of those foods sound really good! Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably give most of those a try. Except for the peanut stew. Ew. Now I'm hungry and thinking of what to make for dinner tonight. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had peanut soup and it's surprisingly good.

      Delete
  3. Always interesting. Thanks for posting. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy! I’m looking forward to your Valentines Day blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite pizza is spinach. I don't like to add other things to it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun magazine! I used to subscribe to that one. My family would enjoy a giant goodie for sure...good ideas ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spinach pie reminds me of my Greek Spanikopita..spinach pie made with phyllo. Some recipes do call for nutmeg but my Greek Momma didn't put that in hers so I don't either. I will pass on cloves in tomato soup but many of the other recipes sound interesting. I like to try new ones now and then and many times they become "keepers"..or else they become "better luck next time" recipes! I know you've gotten a lot of snow so I hope all's well in the weather department. Take care Cathy and thanks for sharing your magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.