Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A TARGET GROCERY HAUL


 

Hello, friends!  Hope you are all well and staying safe and warm in this terribly cold weather we have been having.  Weather that is 20*F (-7*C) and I do not get along well.  After several years with no snow during the winter, we seem to be getting our fill of it this year.  We have had two storms so far and two more are on the way.  *sigh*  Here's a little video for you.


Yesterday I had a dental appointment.  I hate going to the dentist but at least this was just a cleaning and everything went good.  I met a new tech there.  Her name is Janet and she is the sweetest girl ever.  She thought I was 20 years younger than I am.  Yes, this girl is so nice!  Ha, ha!

When I got out of the dentist, I went to Target to pick up a prescription for Joe.  And while I was there I took my grocery list and shopped as best as I could.  Target is good for a lot of things, but it's not a grocery store and so I couldn't get things like fresh fish or even some packaged products on my list.  But it sure felt good to do my own grocery shopping.  Here's what I got at Target.


I got some bagels for breakfast.  We were almost out of quart sized storage bags so I got a box of them.  I use them a lot to divide up my packages of meat and store them in individual meals in the freezer.  I also treated myself to a bag of chips.  It was a half-price sale and I couldn't resist.


I got a package of hamburger buns to use with the chicken patties I have in the freezer.  I wanted a bag of yellow onions, but they were all out.  So I got one Vidalia (sweet) onion for $1.00.  So expensive!  I also have been craving these little potatoes so I got a bag of them.


There wasn't much in the Bullseye Spot yesterday that I was interested in.  But I did find these cute towels for my kitchen.  We were almost out of bread so I got this loaf.  I wanted a box of gluten-free yellow cake mix for a recipe, but this was the only gluten-free mix in the entire store.  So I got it.  I'm going to see if I can get a regular plain yellow mix, but if I can't I at least have this.


The Krusteaz cinnamon swirl muffin mix looked good.  I got the dishwasher tabs not just because I needed them, but I want to try using them to clean my oven.  I read about how good they are for that.  We'll see.  I was out of Dijon mustard and black pepper so got that.  I got some swiss cheese for Joe.  And what is Valentine's Day without a little bit of chocolate?  Dove hearts and M&Ms.


We needed both milk and sugar.  I saw this frozen dinner pouch for Mandarin Orange Chicken.  The directions say "Just add rice for a complete meal."  I'm going to try it.  Something different.



We were down to our last roll of paper towels so I got these.  I have never heard of this brand but unless they are thin and fall apart when you use them, paper towels are paper towels to me.  You just throw them into the trash.  So we will try these.  I needed eggs so got a dozen.  And these sweet little Valentine cupcakes are for dessert on Sunday night.


Finally some roast beef and roasted turkey breast deli meat for Joe.  Some Dove shampoo and conditioner for me.  And for Valentine's Day I got a pork loin that we really like.  I wanted to get steak, but it was too expensive.  I am not paying $27.00 for one little steak that would barely be enough for the two of us.  This was a little over $6.00.  Much more reasonable.  (Just as an aside, I looked at the filet mignon.  It was $47.00 for a tiny little piece.  Guess I'm not getting that anytime soon.)

When I came out there was a beautiful sunset.  I took a quick picture of it.


It was much more vivid than this.  Lots of pinks and golds.  I was going to readjust my setting and take it again but there was a car behind me so I had to just move on.  You can see the buildings of center city very faintly in the background.

Thanks for coming along with me.  Now it's time to start my day.  Hope you have a good one.

Until later...
Kathy



11 comments:

  1. A really good haul! I agree about paper towels,pretty much all the same. M & M's are among my faves. I like Dove too as it comes in so many varieties! I like the combo of milk & dark chocolate. How about this snow coming? we never did get what was predicted for the other day (thank you Lord!). Hope some of this is a no-snow too! Have a pawsitive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy - I love the sunset pictures with the buildings of downtown Philly outlined. Pictures of Philadelphia always bring back good memories for me. Everyone I met in Philadelphia was so lovely the summer I stayed there with my daughter and grandson. You had a good grocery haul at Target with lots of good things! Can you please post about how to use dishwasher cubes to clean the oven? That sounds like a tip I could sure use. Glad the trip to the dentist went well. I need to go to the dentist soon, but have delayed my appointment until after my second Covid vaccine. Glad you week is going well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a cold winter, so unlike last year. So far the only snow we got this week was on Sunday morning. More overnight tonight so they say. I love shopping at Target and actually do order some groceries too. Looking forward to shopping in person again when I can. You did get a nice amount! A good gluten free cake mix brand is King Arthur, my favorite! Have a good day, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting a good share of snow this year. I just can't wait for Spring! You did good shopping. I'll bet it felt really good picking out your own items. I have to have most of my groceries picked out by someone else and delivered to my porch. But I am thankful that I can do this. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to buy mm's for Valentine's day too. Just finished our Christmas ones! Time for more. I also want to try that oven cleaning method.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found cheaper napkins and paper towels too. Now only 2 of us less used. We're to be getting snow late Thurs. I rescheduled my dentist appointment as it's Thur and late afternoon. Half hour drive one way. I get a few groceries at Target once in awhile when I shop there. Have a good day!!×

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did have quite a hall at Target. You are right, they are not a GROCERY store, but do have a lot of other things. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are going to hunker in! I see the cold weather is coming.
    ❤ Happy Valentine's Day. ❤ I know you will be treated special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy. I enjoy reading about your shopping trips. I agree about Target not being a grocery store, but like you, I sometimes get a few things there to save an extra trip to another store. Isn’t it nice to be thought younger than your years! Your dental tech is a definite “keeper”. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have Target in our small town but there is one about 20m away. I only stop in maybe once a year but actually haven't been in over a year. I guess I need to expand my horizons! Looks like a good haul and I hope you enjoy your Valentine's dinner! Any dinner shared by a loving couple is a celebration..no steak needed! Have a good weekend and stay warm! It's been cold and snowy here too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.