Tuesday, October 6, 2020

TURNING THE CALENDAR PAGE TO OCTOBER


 Hello, friends!  As promised here I am to give you a real blog post.

We had a great Bible study this morning.  Four of us got together and finally finished the first chapter of Titus.  Everyone participated and prayed and it was just wonderful.  There seems to be a different feeling within the group this year.  A better feeling.

Today was the one day of this years Annual Conference of our denomination.  We would usually be there, but this year because of the pandemic, only the pastors were invited to attend.  Joe is an elder and had the opportunity to vote, he was online with the meeting from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.  What a long time to be online.  I watched part of it on my computer because it was livestreamed.  It was interesting.  It was strange not to be there though.

When it was over Joe went upstairs to take a nap.  I put on a Hallmark movie, but fell asleep before it was over.  I was tired.  It is still in my list, so I will have to back it up and finish it.

I got another three tomatoes off of my vines today.  That makes 9 tomatoes.  They are all green and won't be ripening on the vine.  It is too late in the season.  So I give the bigger ones a little tug and if they come off easily, I bring them into the house and put them into a paper bag to finish ripening.


We ate the bigger tomato in this picture for dinner.  It was so good.  I was almost sad to eat it because we have had it in the house for three weeks ripening.  I didn't know about putting them in a bag before so it took a long time.  Now they are ripening more quickly.

Let me show you the calendar pages for this month.  The first one is from the Breathtaking Views calendar.  It is of Midtown Manhattan, New York City.


And the flower of the month is a Blue Dahlia.  So pretty!


The other day Joe heard the ice cream truck and went out for some ice cream for us.  This is only the second time this year we have gotten ice cream from Bill, Joe's friend who has the truck.  It was so good.  Vanilla with chocolate jimmies.


Our baby slept through the whole thing.


One more picture before I end.  Here is a picture of downtown Philly that I got from our news program the other day.  There are always such nice views when they do the weather forecast and if I think you would like to see them, I stop the picture and photo it to show you.  I think I live in a pretty city.


On Thursday morning I am heading back to the hospital to have two cardiac tests.  I have to be there by 7:00 a.m. and it's a fasting test.  If you think of me then, please pray for me.  It's a 5 hour test.

Have a nice night everyone and a great day tomorrow. 

Until later...

Kathy








11 comments:

  1. I totally loved this post! The reflection of the Midtown is seeing a double photo.The ice cream looks delicious but mine would have been chocolate with strawberries. Thank you for the Philly photo! I'd not seen that view before & it looks really pretty. The path in the last photo is just calling me to walk there.I really like walking through crunchy leaves! Thank you for starting my day with such beauty! Prayers for good reports on your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy - I hope your cario-tests have a good outcome. I love your calendar page for this month. I love Philadelphia. What a great picture. I will always have such positive memories of my summer in Philly. That ice cream looks good. Our church had it's semi-annual conference this past weekend. It was virtual as well, and everyone could watch on TV or online. I hope you have a great day. Let us all know what the doctors says. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the conference even if it was virtual. I think this year many are getting more spiritual benefit from bible studies, etc because of Covid. If that is a side effect of the pandemic I guess we should be grateful! Your are is lovely and we have eaten the last of our homegrown tomatoes. We get some from the Amish but soon that will be done too. That's the part of summer I miss..a fresh grown tomato tastes like nothing else! Good luck with your tests on Thursday...prayers to you from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do live in a beautiful city. Have you always lived there? Born there?

    Oh how nice to catch the ice cream truck! Yay, Joe!

    Yes, I am praying regarding tomorrow's test...five hours? Praying that it goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...meant to say how beautiful those tomatoes are! 🍅 You did a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,
    I pray your testing goes well with a good outcome. Your photos are beautiful. I grew up and live in NJ just across from NYC until I was 32 and we moved to the south. Can you believe being so close all those years I have never been to philly????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be praying for your cario tests. You blog is so delightful, cheery and fun to see. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you Kathy. I always like to see your pictures. You grew more tomatoes than Ted and I .LOL We did not plant any for four years now. Sad when they are so easy in a big pot. Maybe our lives will calm down and things will get close to a normalcy. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for good results from your cardio tests and you feel good after all the no food for hours!!! Philadelphia is nice. Not been close to much of when we flew into the airport many years ago. PA is a very nice state that my hubby Phil grew up in. Nice calender photos! I am glad you are supporting your friend's ice cream truck. I am chocoholic!!! HAHAHAHA!! Its cooler here which is good and some smoke in air from CA fires and maybe closer...sad, but it's supposed to be good air quality but I think it's actually moderate. Looking forward to go the coast this week!! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tomatoes look delicious. I hope your test results are good. The colors in that photo of New York are just awesome. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed praying for your 5 hour test, but then again I didn't because you and Joe are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Let us know who it went and if you have any specific requests.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.