Friday, October 2, 2020

Coffee Day


 Hello, friends!  Hope you all enjoyed your first day of October.  Fall is really here.  The temperatures are dropping some and are in the 70s and 60s.  But still lovely weather.  I like it when the humidity drops but the temperatures are still comfortable.

Today I had to take the car into the garage and get four new tires.  Originally I was going to get only two -- the two worst ones, but decided to just go for it and do the whole thing.  That way I don't have to go through getting the car there and having someone drive me back and forth between the garage and home twice.  Besides, I think it's better to have all new ones on at the same time.  My friend Carole drove me and she told me I would notice the difference with new tires and she was right.  I went over a few bumps in the road and didn't even feel it.  It was a lot of money, but well worth it.  And I'm glad I got it done before the cold weather set in.

I have been going to the same garage for a long time and am friends with the manager.  Ron is such a nice guy.  When I made the appointment to bring it in, he mentioned that today was his birthday.  So on the way over I stopped at 7-11 and got him a honeybun.  I surprised him with it when I left the car.  He told me it was his 54th birthday.  I said that time on earth was short and he said yes, the Bible said it was like a vapor.  I said, "And then there is eternity with Jesus."  "Yes!" he replied.  Then I added, "And with me.  You will be with me for eternity too.  You can't escape."  We both started laughing.  He didn't know if that was something good or a threat.  Ha, ha!

I meant to do a change the calendar post today, but this afternoon I got sick again.  It seems that my stomach gets worse every day.  I got a call from my gastro doctor's office this morning telling me that my endoscopy is cancelled until all the cardio tests come back.  I have an appointment with him for October 30th now to discuss everything.

Well, today was International Coffee Day.  I don't drink coffee.  I don't like the taste of coffee.  I want to like coffee.  I have tried to drink it so many times.  But I just can't.  Joe loves coffee, though.  He takes his black.  Black and bitter like his life before me he says.

How about you?  Do you drink coffee?  How do you like it?  What is your favorite flavor?

I celebrated by having a wonderful cup of... TEA!  You know how you get that perfect cup every now and then.  That was this.  An Earl Grey cup of perfection.

I'm late getting this up today because I fell asleep after dinner.  I'm glad I did, though, because I feel much better.  Hopefully I will give you new calendar pictures tomorrow.  And get some housework done.  I want to work on the dining room tomorrow.  And put my fall welcome mat out.

Have a good night and a great day tomorrow.  I will see you later.


Kathy







12 comments:

  1. Wow! You hit a topic! I really like coffee,mine with cream & sugar though if I'm at Wawa I may use low-fat French Vanilla creamer.I also like tea; earl gray,darjeeling & English Breakfast. I recently discovered Earl Gray with lavender! It is really calming & smooth. While I prefer my coffee either decaf or plain, I'm not not as picky with tea;just not the herbal/flower ones.
    I think it was a good idea to do all 4 tires at the same time.Safer too.
    Happy coffee/tea day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like a lot of half and half in my coffee but no sugar. I’m drinking a cup now while I read your blog!
    I hope today is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you feel better soon and dont get sick in the afternoons. I am a coffee drinker and use Hazelnut creamer in mine. I make my coffee at night so all I have to do is turn on the coffee maker when I get up. I like hot tea too though. Hope you have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. Have a good day. Perhaps now people will isolate and wear masks...guess Covid is indeed real. Love the people who complain about rules...thank you for not complaining...and those traveling...really? Oh well...keep writing please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very sweet of you to wish coffee drinkers a Happy Coffee Day when you don't even like it. I love coffee and look forward to my morning cup of coffee with creamer. My mom liked hers black and John did, too. I shudder just thinking of it. Do you like the smell of coffee?

    Glad that you have new tires and glad that you have a friend in your car repairman. Very nice of you to take him a treat on his birthday. Fun conversation about eternity, too. It's win~win for the Believer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, You really are a sweetheart, taking the birthday boy a treat. So nice. Where we buy our tires, when we get an oil change they rotate the tires for free. That's a good way to make them last longer. Oh here's to coffee day. I love good coffee. The best we ever had is on cruise ships. Then at our dinner theater in Indianapolis. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy my morning coffee. It's Folger's instant (coffee bags). A shy teaspoon of sugar and a bit of coffee creamer and I'm good to go. My tires look brand new still, but they are seven years old so I may have to check with the dealer to see if they need to be replaced yet. I hope you feel better today, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy - so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope your doctor can give you some answers. I am not a coffee drinker either. I prefer hot chocolate when I want a warm drink. Hope you have a good weekend. I will be back to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you have to wait for your appointment but I'm sure the reason is a good one. I'm one who loves loves loves coffee ☺ I like it with a splash of milk, love Starbucks the best, and pumpkin spice is a favorite. Just wish caffeine didn't bother me so much...it limits how much I drink!
    Love the fun banter you had with your car service friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me laugh about what your told your friend at the garage about being with him in heaven for an eternity!! HAHAHAHA! I'll get to see you there too! Try out Numi Rooibos tea as that can help your stomach when it's not feeling well. I use digize essential oil and peppermint essential oils together into a roller bottle and rub on my stomach and helps when I have an upset stomach. I hope you feel better soon! I like tea as well. I am not a coffee drinker either. People couldn't figure out why I wasn't a coffee drinker and served in the usaf!! Not everyone smokes neither,,,,,me noooo!!! Take care and hope all things in life are good this week! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't drink coffee until a few years ago but now I love it. I guess our tastes change. I add some Truvia and a splash of half and half! Yumo! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure hope you get some medical results soon on why you are feeling bad.
    Good thinking to get all 4 new tires, despite the expense now as it will make a difference on the road. Yes, I drink coffee but only one cup in the morning and we like flavored ones, now its caramel apple and pumpkin from New England coffee that we buy in the supermarket. I also enjoy tea, especially raspberry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.