Wednesday, October 21, 2020

IT'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE FALL


 Hello, friends!  Hope you are all doing well.  It has been beautiful weather this week.  Today I even went to Bible Study with no jacket.  I was wearing a sweatshirt and that was enough.  It is supposed to be in the 70s all week (20s C.) but I think this is the last hurrah.  Next week is to be freezing.

Yesterday I went to the hospital to get a Holter monitor put on.  I was feeling much better than the last time I was there.  The only thing I have left from my upper respiratory infection is a lingering cough that I can't get rid of.

I got there early and looked for a parking place.  None to be found.  I ended up driving around the entire lot four times.  The only ones were a long way from the door and I knew I couldn't walk that far.  So finally I left and went to the Cancer Center parking lot.  There was one spot left and that was a handicapped spot.  I took it and was able to walk through the building to my appointment.  Quite a walk, but not as bad as walking uphill through the parking lot.

I was able to take the monitor off today and I will mail it back tomorrow.  Of course I didn't have one instance of heart palpitations while I was wearing the monitor.  Isn't that always the way?

When I got back into the car to come home, I saw a squirrel climbing a large tree.  I grabbed my camera to take a picture, but was too late.  But I did get a pretty picture of the trees I was parked under.


As you can see, there isn't much color in our trees yet.  Just a touch of yellow among the many green leaves.  It will be another two or three weeks until our trees are at their peak.  But this beautiful picture gave me the idea of seeing what little color is out there.  Unfortunately since I was driving I couldn't take pictures of the most colorful trees I saw.  But here are some I could get while I was stopped at red lights.

This tree is a few blocks from home.  Again it is mostly green, but there are hints of yellow there.


This is by the Catholic church a few blocks from my house.  A little bit of red, but not much.


This beautiful oak is across the street from my house.  It is mostly green now, but in a few weeks it will be beautiful colors.


This is Kitty, one of the four outside cats I feed.  She is so beautiful and friendly, but I can't get her to come inside.  She has been around for about four years now.  As you can see, she doesn't miss many meals.  She truly is the queen of the street and the other cats fall in line behind her.  She gets to eat first and tells the others what to do.


Now you are seeing some more color in the trees.  I took this today as I left church following our Bible Study.  For some reason the trees in this neighborhood are more colorful than the ones in mine.  It is only one mile away.  Maybe it's because we have chemical plants running and things are kept warmer.

I also took pictures of the garden at church.  Remember when it was first put in during the summer of 2019?  In case you don't, here are some pictures.




What a difference a year makes!  It is beautiful.  There had been a little shower and the rain on the Dusty Miller plants made them sparkle and look like glass.




The dogwood tree in the church yard is especially beautiful in the spring and the fall.  As spring arrives it is covered with huge pink blooms.  In fall, the leaves turn this bronze and purple as you can see in this picture.


These trees are also across the street from the church.  Not as colorful as the others, but just wait a few weeks.

I'm home now, and this tree is at the end of my block.  Again, it is just beginning to turn.  It will be beautiful.


Of course, the most colorful leaves are in the wreath on my front door.  Ha, ha.


Hope you enjoyed looking at all the trees.  You know I will be back later with more pictures as the trees turn.

Don't forget to leave a comment telling me if you want to enter my give-away.  So many of you have entered already.  I'm closing the entries next Sunday, the 25th and the drawing is on the 28th.  So you still have time to think it over.  I will be showing you what is in it later this week.  I think you will like everything.

And now I have to get some sleep.  Until later...

Kathy






11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all the pretty foliage. You are right at the beginning. So exciting!

    Oh hospital parking lots are the worst. One could collapse trying to get in. I like the parking service, but their spots are often all taken as well.

    Yes, I am convinced that everything from cars to heart monitors conspire to make liars out of us. Always the way!

    A blessed day...oh meant to mention how lovely the dusty miller is. I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, our leaves are turned and many are off the trees now. Cooler temperatures are coming this weekend. I am just wondering when the snow will fly. THe church garden looks great! A year does make a difference. I had to have one of the heart monitor test where you wear a halter, but like yours, my heart was just fine the whole time I was wearing it. Enjoy the rest of the week. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I think I entered your giveaway last blog post. Still interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees in my corner of the world look much like yours, but I am patiently waiting. I love the bits of color that I am seeing now and enjoying the anticipation of the blazes of color yet to come. I love for fall to linger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos of the trees. A lot of ours are already changing and some will be changing shortly thereafter. That's a beautiful cat. Where do your outdoor cats go for warmth in the cold weather? Do you have an insulated little house in the yard for them? A new cat has started coming around here, so we may have to make a new little house for it. I hate to see them out in the cold. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers really have done well in that flower bed! WOW! And I like the fall leaves in your wreath. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy...I enjoy your blog...found it not too long ago. I would like to enter your give away...but I can't remember if I already did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get more coleus. So pretty trees. Ones near us and in Salem are changing colors. I pull my sunglasses down and some don't look so red. Its gotten chilly this week. Below freezing this Sunday. 39 degrees b4 I went to bed last eve. Brrrr! Glad you were able to be safe while driving and walking to/from hospital. I've had better chance of not coughing much with thieves cough drops I get from Young Living. I can't handle cough syrup any more. Bothers my stomach. Good thing I have something useful for me. Praying you feel better soon my friend. 💜🇺🇸 ~Becky L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful tree pictures. I always think of Wisconsin and PA having similar weathers-having lived in both-but our leaves are almost all changed and/or have fallen already. Today it is raining like crazy!
    I hope your cough is soon gone. Long term coughs are miserable. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, the fall is here! The church garden is very pretty with all the different flowers. After 1 year, the garden looks even better. Regards Naomi https://divineangelnumbers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our color seemed to explode this week and now the leaves are falling like crazy!
    Hope your cough soon clears. We have been enjoying the warmer weather too. But as you said the cold is coming. Never crazy about that!!
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.