Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Day in the Life


 Hello, friends.  Hope you have had a good Sunday.  I thought I would go back a few days and tell you about my day at the hospital on Thursday.

I had to leave at 6:30 a.m. to get there on time.  It was dark when I left the house.  The sun was just rising and I tried to get a picture for you, but there was too much traffic and I couldn't stop.  It's a shame because it would have been a great shot.  But I found a similar photo on Pinterest to show you what it looked like.


I was going to hop onto I-95 like I usually do.  It's the fastest way to get to the hospital.  But...  the ramp was all clogged up.  Just lines waiting to get on.  And when I looked up, the traffic was just sitting there.  But I was early enough that I just took the back streets.  It turned out that there was an overturned tractor trailer that was blocking the two right hand lanes.

So this was the way I went instead.  The street I am on is the same as where the church I attend is.  If I had crossed this street, I would be there.  Instead, I turned right.


You can see it was getting lighter.  And by the time I made it to the hospital, the sun was up.



I went to my first appointment, the echocardiogram.  The people there were so nice.  I filled out all the paperwork and then they took my temperature.  I was running a fever.  She took it again.  It was even higher.  But since it wasn't over 100* the tech took me back and did the ultrasound.  Part of the test hurt quite a bit, but it didn't take long so that was OK.

Next I went downstairs to get my stress test.  But when they took my temperature, found I had a headache and heard me cough, they refused to give it to me.  They were all very nice and said I had some of the signs of COVID-19 and before they would test me, I had to get a COVID-19 test.  So I left and went home.

Because it was a fasting test, I was hungry.  The first thing I did was eat breakfast.  I had avocado toast and medicine.  What a combination!


Then I called my doctor's office and asked to get a test.  The girl at the desk told me to get an appointment and go to Rite Aid where I could get a free test.  So that is what I did.

Friday at 5:00 p.m. was the earliest I could get.  It was a drive-through and such an easy test.  I am so glad I got it.


So now I am staying home until I get the results.  I was told it would be anytime from Monday to Wednesday.  If it comes back negative, I go back to doing what I was before.  If it is positive, I need to contact my doctor immediately.

Honestly, I think I have an upper respiratory infection.  I have an ear ache, my teeth hurt, I am sneezing, coughing and my one cheek is swollen.  My fever is gone though.  So right now it's a wait and see game.

I guess I don't have to say that I didn't get to church today.  It was strange not to go, but nice because I could rest.  I've been sleeping a lot.  Much more than I usually do.  And deeply too.  But when I get up, I'm usually feeling better.

Because I was feeling so badly, I didn't get the kitchen cleaned last week like I wanted to.  But there are a few things put out.  I have new kitchen curtains that I got from Amazon.  I love the Black-Eyed Susans.


I got this bowl last year (2 years ago?) from Target.  Inside it says in gold "BOO-yay" and the outside is orange and black stripes.  I have some pears in it to remind us to eat them.



Here is another entry from my Pastor on the book of Romans.  Hope you like it.  Just a few more and I will be up to date.




And now it is very late and I am tired.  I am going to go back to bed.  I am going to do my best to get some posts up this week.  But if not, please bear with me because I'm really not feeling well.

See you all soon.

Kathy


Fall in Kyoto, Japan







8 comments:

  1. You were missed at church. Praying the test comes back negative & you feel
    better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I sure hope your COVID test is negative. This virus is sure a disrupter of our lives. Rest and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are ill. I hope you can have a restful week and a negative test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Praying your COVID test is negative and that you feel better soon. My early morning routine is coffee, Micky cat on my lap and computer time,always happy to see a new post from you. Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I hope your Covid test comes back negative, and I hope you are feeling better soon. You get lots of rest, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, praying that test is negative. Sorry that your tests were interrupted. Resting is good for the weary. Take good care. Oh, since I am reading through Romans just now, I will be back to have a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying you feel better and u don't have a bad virus. Last was the best sleep I've had in weeks. PTL. I keep thinking about getting a new shower curtain that I've enjoyed for awhile. Maybe later. Take ❤, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying you do not have covid or ever get it. You need rest. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.