Thursday, July 16, 2020

THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends!  Another week is almost in the books.  It is 18 weeks since this whole COVID-19 shutdown began.  Can you believe it?  Our governor has put restrictions on until March 1, 2021.  The fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day will be very different this year.

Nothing is really going on around here.  It has been so hot that I haven't even gone into the yard.  Next week it is expected to go up to 103*F (39.4*C).  I am not looking forward to that.

So I have been working around the house.  I am determined to get it straightened up.  Some days I do more than others.  It all depends on how much pain I am in or how swollen my legs are.  If they are too swollen, I can't walk well.  But in spite of everything a lot is getting accomplished.  Today I finished picking up the kitchen floor and scrubbed it down.  I am so very happy with it.


I designed my kitchen and love the floor I picked out.  It looks like flagstone but is linoleum.  There is still a lot to do, but I am on my way.

I was so tired today that I fell asleep and woke up very late to make dinner.  At least it was an easy one -- fried chicken, rice and asparagus.  I used my air fryer and my rice cooker/steamer.  The kitchen stayed cool and I had a nice dinner.

Last night we called out for Chinese food.  I am being careful what I eat and so ordered steamed dumplings.  They didn't bother me at all and were so good!  It was nice to have a break.

Just another two weeks until my Sisters Week vacation.  Well, it's no longer a week, but we still get together and do something.  Maybe when my sister retires in two or three years we can do a week again.  I am so looking forward to it.  I haven't seen her since Christmas although we talk to each other several times a week.  We aren't sure what we are doing because we don't know what is open and what isn't.  But whatever we do I will be taking you along, of course.

It's getting late so I'm going to end and get myself ready for bed.  Talk to you all soon.

Kathy






15 comments:

  1. Sister time is important! I miss seeing mine. Deanie is not in good health and I havent seen her since February. Except on FaceTime which I am so grateful for. Our sibling trips are no longer due to her health. We meant to get together more but then Covid happened. Everything seems up for grabs these days.Glad you and your sister are still getting together.....that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floor is beautiful! Such a great job! Some of the linoleum patterns are very attractive. We actually have put tiles in our basement.Makes doing the laundry a more...uplifting task! I'm not a fan of this heat.It makes it hard to get motivated to do anything ,though I've managed to read enough to fill 3 bags of donations! Stay pawsitivE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen floor is so pretty - wise choice. Take care of yourself so you will be ready for the 'sister' trip. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen floor is so nice! There's a reason I don't often show mine. Yay for a sisters' get together. I know that you deserve one. Perhaps by then, there'll be even more options. That upcoming weather sounds ☀️⛈☀️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your floor too and I know it feels good to get things cleaned. I need to get back at it today. I hope your plans for a sister trip together work out. It's so hard to plan anything right now. Enjoy your day! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your floor looks awesome! Whatever you and your sister get to do, enjoy it! You have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy. I love those flowers in the picture at the beginning of this post. They are beautiful! Your kitchen floor looks so nice! Good job. Your sister week sound like so much fun. Wish I lived closer to my sisters so we could do something like that. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you and your sister get to do something! I was at Rockvalle and Tanger outlets earlier this week. I think most of the stores are open. Since we are back to 25% max in restaurants again not sure what you will find other than takeout.
    I hate to think of Christmas and Thanksgiving without my family...I am really struggling with the separation from my kids and grands now. Not sure my heart can stand even longer.
    Glad you are making progress on your cleaning goals. It's such hard work!!
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy!
    Not only are you looking forward to spending time with your sister, so an I! Well, not in person but through your blog posts. They are always hoot, seeing how you two get along. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, we hardly go out, only to the supermarket but often we ask for home delivery. Have a nice weekend Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sisters are the best! One of mine was just here for almost 3 weeks. We did puzzles, sat outside by the fire ring, played games, it was SO good to see her. I can't believe your floor is linoleum, it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a great time with your sisters. You are so lucky to have sisters to share life with.
    It has been hot and humid here, too. We went camping in our RV but came home early because it is no fun to 'camp' if you have to sit inside with the AC on.
    Hope you have a great week. xo Diana
    ps-Good work on the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping my sister will be able to come in a few weeks. She's on dialysis and has to make arrangements for it to be done here. We always find things to do even with some things shut down. Just being together is fun. I hope you can do the projects you want and feel good. Take it easy during this crazy heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the kitchen floor. It does look just like flagstone!... I've been trying to get stuff done in my house too. We got a lot done outside that had been neglected for years this year and like you, some days my body can't and other days it just can't do I take it as I can get it... Sister time sounds so good right now. My family I usually see once a year which is not nearly enough, come down for vacation but not this year. I miss them so very much. I hope you have some good quality time with your sister and you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.