Thursday, July 9, 2020

IT'S BEEN A BUSY WEEK


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful week.  Here it is Thursday already and another week is almost in the books.  Time is really flying by.  It seems especially so since I have had so much to do this week.  I have really enjoyed having a lot of time to myself and am not looking forward to having every day filled again.  I had gotten into a routine with my cleaning schedule and had gotten so much done but now I'm back where I started.

Sunday was church and two special speakers.  We had a gentleman from the Gideons come.  He was very interesting.  When I walked in, he introduced himself to me and shook my hand.  It was so "normal" that I didn't even think about shaking hands with him.  Afterwards I thought, "Oh, I shouldn't have done that."   But I keep my hands clean and it all seems to have been fine. 

The second speaker was Pastor Dan who had been our guest speaker just two weeks earlier.  He was excellent.  I tape the messages and so was almost through his message when the battery in my camera died.  Oh no!  But it was at the very end, so I missed only about 10 minutes.  I think I will still post it and mark it "partial".

Monday I actually had no where to go but ended up sleeping most of the day and got nothing done. 

That was not good because on Tuesday Joe, Donna and I went food shopping.  Monday night I had cleaned out the freezer and it was almost empty.  So was the fridge and the pantry.  We needed a lot and we got them.  It is enough to last us the entire month until we go shopping in August.  We had quite the time putting things away so I did not take any pictures of the haul.  But there were over 20 bags.  Shopping lasted almost 4 hours between picking Donna up and taking her back home, doing the shopping itself, and putting things away.  I was exhausted.

Yesterday I had an afternoon doctor's appointment.  Things in my blood test were looking good.  Except... they forgot to test my thyroid AGAIN.  This is the second time they forgot to put on the test sheet for the lab that it is not just the usual A1C, cholesterol, iron level, liver function, etc.  So I had to have more blood taken.  At least I wasn't charged for the second test.  I did hear Dr. Barbara saying to the techs (and not too nicely either) that this was the second time they messed up and I had better not be charged.  The tech kept apologizing to me.  I told her everyone makes mistakes and not to worry about it.

By this time the headache I had started the day with had grown into a full blown migraine.  I managed to make dinner (pizza and a salad) and went to bed in a dark and quiet room.  I slept about 3 hours and that helped a lot.  

Again, nothing was done in the house.  The wash is piling up, the dishes are in the sink, and the living room looks like someone trashed it.  *sigh*  The fact that it is so hot doesn't help at all.  I haven't even been in the yard to continue on with my gardening.  It is in the high 90s F. (30s C.) so I am rather sluggish and just want to stay in the air conditioning.

I'm sorry there are no pictures in this post.  I haven't even done that!  But that's life.  I am supposed to be over at church in half an hour to pick something up from the pastor, but I am not going to make it.  I haven't even had breakfast let alone get dressed.  I still have to take one more medication before I can eat.  I am going to get off of here and give him a call to let him know I will be over this afternoon instead.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Tomorrow I think I can actually stay home and do something.  Yes, I'm spoiled with not having anything I HAVE to do.

Until later...

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. Take good care of yourself Kathy. You and Joe deserve a nice day in your garden just relaxing and enjoying a breeze...then could you send it my way. LOL. I am wanting to sit on the porch before the blinking mosquitoes take over. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we just need those 'do nothing' days to catch up on ourselves. You do so much, I wonder how you ever get it done. I can barely walk to the mailbox and when I read all you do, I get discouraged. Take care of yourself along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to get things done when it's so hot. I'm glad we have AC and ceiling fans in every room! We call them Florida chandeliers! heehee! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heat zaps my strength as well. Sounds as if you are going with the flow, which is good when energies are limited. Four hours of grocery shopping and twenty bags would flatten me! 🤪 You have a sweet spirit to take the second blood letting in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. I hope you are feeling better. I know the feeling - summer heat gets to us all I think. Wow, that sounds like a lot of grocery shopping. I am not a fan of grocery shopping - it is not something I enjoy at all, but has to be done. Hope you get good results from all the blood work. Hope to see you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and rest. The things that you feel you need to get done will still be there when you're feeling better. I hope you have a good weekend and I sure hope we and you get some relief from this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this heat/humidity has us all feeling blah. My dogs are eating small portions & minimally playing.It's just too hot! Glad to hear you're stocked up with food.I don't mind the shopping,but getting it home & putting it away? Ugh!
    Take it easy on yourself in this heat. I usually do most tasks in the cooler morning hours. After that...lunch & a good book! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This heat is getting to all of us. I hope you haven't jumped back into your old routine too soon. You need to go slower. Take care of yourself so that you can continue to help others. You have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the break from the heat was a blessing to you today. Did you get rain? We got lots!! Sounds like it's to be a very hot week again....take it slow! It's maddening how quickly I wear out....you too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.