Thursday, July 2, 2020

WELCOME JULY



Hello friends and welcome to July.  Can you believe the year is half over already?  I am sure having trouble with that.  I think being stuck inside so much makes time fly faster than usual.  And things are not looking better.  Not by a long shot.  Cases of the Covid-19 virus are going up in Pennsylvania as it is in most states.  Who knows what the rest of the year will be like.

So what did happen in June?

For one thing, I have been doing a lot of work in the garden.  I have it about a third done now and it looks so nice.  Yesterday I tried to cut down a small tree.  I got the branches cut off earlier in the week, but I still had the trunk to do.  I got about half of it down, but sawing through it did me in.  That was all I did.  And today I did not go out at all.  It is HOT and I decided that if it is over 90*F (32*C) I am not working outside.  When I got in my car to go to the drugstore today it was 104*F (40*C) in the car.  But I am happy with what I have done and will show you pictures very soon.

They just said on TV that today was the hottest day of the year so far -- 93*F (34*C).  And it is going higher than that next week.

I have also been working on the house a lot and though I am discouraged and don't really see a lot of change, I keep plugging away.  I do see change in the kitchen and that keeps me going I guess.

I haven't been baking as much.  Just too hot to have the oven going.  I did make muffins, but they didn't turn out so good.

I had plans for summer but with some places closing again, who knows what will happen.  Something will I am sure, but who knows what.

Church opened up again and it was really nice to be back with my friends.  We began meeting outside, but have been inside for the past two weeks.  With air conditioning.

I am still working on my temperature blanket.  A lot of it is now yellow for the 80* days we have been having, with a few red stripes for the 90* days.  We have a heat wave coming so the red is going to be featured a lot more.  I didn't expect that and have just a little left over red that I am using, so I might have to hunt out some more red.


Here's a close-up of the month of June.


And that's about it.  Really not much going on.

I changed my calendar page and here's my new picture.  It's the Santa Monica pier in California.  I wouldn't mind being there now.  Except for the virus.


Hope you have a good evening.  We ordered pizza and pasta and it just came so I am heading to the kitchen.  See you soon.

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I was just not ready to let June go. Now we are into July and all this heat. I pray for all of us to get thru this year is good health . We surely do need a vaccine for the Virus. You kept plenty busy. Ted and I have done as much as we could at times. I have yet to get stain for the porch floor. It's too hot to do that anyways. Take care and blessings to you Joe for a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens! It was not until I read that you had changed your calendar page that I realized I haven't done that. It's fiddly so will have to wait for tomorrow.

    And I have a half sawed tree in my yard, too. I ordered a Black and Decker electric saw after making my way through it half way. That little lilac tree was going to do me in. The difficult bit now is that electric saw is very heavy.

    Stay as cool as possible. This could be a long, hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't kidding about the heat! I'm so not a fan. Glad to hear you're taking
    care not to overdo. While I wear my mask,it makes it seem even hotter.What I wouldn't give for a good old- fashioned winter snow this year! I truly miss it & the cold would kill the germs!
    Be safe & have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sweltering here in Bethlehem as well. Lucky you, our church is still closed. Stay cool.💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel as though we are neighbors since we live in nearby Bucks County. We used to travel to Philly quite often (in the past) to attend Shows at the Walnut Street Theatre. I so enjoy your blog!! Also, your 'temperature' blanket is an awesome project. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good you've been busy in the yard. That's a plus for having to stay at home so much. Your blanket is coming along nicely. You have a great weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. June did go fast! And not because we were busy either. We had services last Sunday for the first but we didn't go. Trying to decide if we will attend this week.
    Yes, it's hot! We didn't go for any walks yesterday and I doubt we will today either.
    Take care, dear friend! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy. Yes it seems like June just flew by. Hope July is a good one for this nation. Stay cool. Philly can get hot and humid in the summer! Happy July 4th. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. June 25 is 6 months til Christmas. Wow!' I do have some gifts. We did attend church this morning. Wore face coverings and was social distancing st church in pews. Went thru Carl's Jr drive thru after ⛪ and are in parking 🚗 before going home. I enjoyed eating with Phil since Megan's here most of the time for eve meals. Good time to talk with each other without being interrupted. It's been in the 70s these days. Full moon last night. Watched fireworks I didn't expect to see. Most likely from town park and dragstrip. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.