Friday, January 24, 2020

KNITTING


Hello, friends!  As Joe would say, "Welcome to Friday."  The weeks just fly by, don't they?  And here we are about to enter the last week of January.  A lost month for me. I am feeling a lot better, although I have a wicked cough which I feel deep in my lungs and isn't going away.  Each day, though, I am a little better and hopefully will be myself soon.

On Wednesday I went to Bible Study with Joe.  It was the first time I had been to church this year.  I sure didn't feel good and was happy I was able to sit on the sofa in the meeting area, put my head against the back of it, and close my eyes for awhile.  But it was so good to be out of the house.  My pastor isn't doing well health-wise either, so please my friends who pray, pray for Pastor Ralph.  I'm not at liberty to say more, but God knows and that's what matters.  And pray for Joe who now has what I have.  I was taught to share when I was growing up.

The thing about being sick is I have had lots of time to knit.  And one thing I have finally completed is my temperature blanket from 2019.  I had the stripes finished the beginning of the month.  It took a few days to catch up.  But finally I put the border on using gray yarn.  I am very happy with how it turned out.  I was very disappointed at the beginning because I didn't like the dark colors, but as I got into the red, hot pink, yellow and orange, it began to pop.  Looking at it makes me see just what a temperate climate I live in.  Here's a photo I took of it to show you.  January is at the top and December at the bottom.


I'm already using it and it is very warm.

I wasn't going to do another blanket this year, but when I was cleaning up the back bedroom I found a stash of beautiful, wonderful yarn that I couldn't resist using.  I'm not sure I have enough for the entire year, but that's OK too.  I started another blanket which is so different from any other I have done and is totally beautiful.  I can't wait to show it to you at the end of the month.

The other thing I'm doing is an advent scarf from 2014.  I have never had much luck with advent scarves but this is turning out nice.  Here is the first day.  Sorry it's so dark.



And here is the second day.


And the two of them together.


I am working on the third day now.  It takes me more than a day to do each section.  And even though I did the first part three times I can't seem to get the zig-zag pattern to line up correctly.  The first of the designs is perfect but as the row goes on it gets more and more messed up.

Again, I know I don't have enough yarn for the entire thing, but we'll see how far I get.  In the meantime, I'm just enjoying doing it.  I really like to knit lace.

And with that I am going to get off of here and get myself together.  I am trying to do something productive today.  I have had too many days where I just sit on the sofa doing nothing.

I hope you all have a good day too.

Kathy



11 comments:

  1. Good to know that you are on the mend, Kathy, and may the remnants of that thing be gone soon as well. Praying for Joe, too. (Lord, You know the need with Pastor Ralph. Bring him safely through whatever it is. Restore him to complete health because by Your stripes we are healed. Thank you for taking care of Kathy and Joe. Give them strength and health and we will praise You for it. Amen.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh- I just left you a long comment and it disappeared-short version: Praying for Pastor Ralph and all of you- love the scarf and temperature blanket-happy knitting! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented and I love seeing your work. Praying for Pastor Ralph, as well as you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty afghan! I like the colors so much. The advent scarf is pretty, too. Prayers for you, Joe, and your pastor. This bug that's going around is a lingering one. I've missed it so far, but everyone I know who has had it can't seem to completely shake it no matter what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. Glad to hear you are doing better. Your knitted projects are beautiful! I love that blanket. Will keep Joe and Pastor Ralph in thought and prayer for quick recoveries. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I was taught to share when I was growing up." 😂

    The blanket is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope you both feel much better soon. Take care and stay inside and warm as much as you can. Love your knitting! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes sharing is not the wisest thing to do. I do hope that all of you are feeling much better really soon. The colds and flu going around are just not very nice. Take care of yourself. Lots of rest is a very good thing. Your knitting is beautiful. I haven't knitted in a while. I just might try it again. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented Kathy! I have no talent at all, I have tried knitting and embroidery but unsuccessfully. I hope you are both feeling better. Here it's very cold and the flu and colds are going around, just like your friend above said. It's better not to go out especially in crowded places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is heartwarming to hear you are doing a bit better. Love the blanket! I know it's keeping you warm.I can understand about wanting to get out for awhile. Just take it slow.Sorry to hear about Joe & Pastor but will pray for both as well as continue prayer for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great to know you are on the mend! Poor Joe, though.
    Yes, I will pray for your Pastor!

    The blanket is really, really nice! Love all the colors. How many have you made?
    I have never heard of a Temperature Blanket until you share with us.

    Prayers and more prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.