Saturday, January 18, 2020

TEA




Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a good day.  As for me -- I am still sick.  I have had a fever, sore throat and runny nose.  They are gone, but now I have a stuffy nose that I am constantly blowing and a wicked cough.  I can feel the congestion in my chest.  And being the person that I am, I shared it with Joe.  He is about a day behind me and is feeling so bad.  He went to the doctor yesterday who told him he just had to ride it out.  It is now 21 days that I have been sick.  I am so sick of being sick.  To top it off, my doctor had surgery yesterday and will be out of the office for about three weeks.  At least there is Urgent Care if I get worse.

To help me out with this cold, I have been drinking a lot of hot tea which seems to help a great deal.  For Christmas my sister Elaine gave us a really nice box of assorted teas.



It is by Taylors of Harrowgate and is used by the Prince of Wales.  Well, according to the box.  I can understand if he does use it, though.  This tea is wonderful.  Some people like coffee.  I love my tea.

It was so pretty when I opened the box.



There were 8 different teas, each in its own little cubby in the box.



And the box closes so nicely keeping everything fresh.

So far I have tried the Decaffeinated Breakfast Tea, the Earl Grey Tea, and the English Breakfast Tea.  All were excellent.  Joe has had the Organic Chamomile which he really liked.  What is good is that the ones I do not like, Joe does.  So the Green Tea with Jasmine, the Chamomile and the Organic Peppermint are all his.  I want to try the Lemon and Orange Tea and the Assam Tea this weekend.  In fact, I think I will have the Lemon and Orange for breakfast.

After Joe's doctor visit yesterday we stopped at Shoprite to pick up a few things we needed.  With this snow storm coming, I did not want to go out driving to the store for things.  I forgot eggs and bread but I was not going back through that mob to get them.  I can get them at 7-11 today.  We are both feeling so bad.  In fact, the facial tissues were on sale for 88 cents, so we each have our own box which we carry around with us for our poor noses.  We had even run out of tissues and were blowing our noses on paper towels.  Ouch!  These are much softer.

I am hoping that my next post I can say to you that I am feeling wonderful and am finally over all my illnesses.  I think my body is so run down that no matter what comes along, I just get it.  The only place I have been besides hospitals and doctors' offices for the past three weeks is Monday I was feeling good and went to the nursing home with Joe and Rick.  I stayed far away from the ladies and gentlemen that were there, so I hope I didn't pass on what I have.  I wasn't feeling sick then or I wouldn't have gone.  Joe says we will probably cancel this week because he is too sick to preach.

And I think we will both stay home from church this week.  I have never in my life missed three weeks of church in a row.  In fact, I can't remember when I missed three weeks of church in a year!  You know I am sick if I don't go.  My sister's church records their service and posts it on YouTube so we have been watching those when they go up on Tuesday.  But it's not the same as being there.

At least I am getting a lot of reading done.  I am reading "Anne of Green Gables."  Can you believe I have never read it?  And as I am reading, I wonder why I haven't read it before now.  It is so good.  Yesterday at the VA Hospital while I was waiting for Joe to have his appointment, I read 11 chapters.  Yes, we waited from 2:00 to 4:00 for the doctor to get around to seeing him.  He said he was running a little late.  Uh huh.

And now I think I will get something to eat and lay down again.  I look around and know I should clean the house and do the wash and I just can't.  The dirt will be there tomorrow.  And the day after that.  And the day after that.

Thanks for not giving up on me.  This is a rough time in my life but I have hope it will get better.  Really.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like maybe you are on your way up....sure pray so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My sister's church records their service and posts it on YouTube so we have been watching those when they go up on Tuesday. But it's not the same as being there."

    I know what you mean.

    Rest and Get Well soon! Try Dandelion Tea. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sorry you are still so sick. Take care...both of you! The tea looks good and is good for you. Stay warm too. Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope y'all get to feeling better soon.
    There are 8 books in the Anne series and they just get better, I hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy - I really hope you are feeling better soon. So glad you have that nice tea - it looks really great. I have read Anne of Green Gables and watched the PBS series years ago. Lovely story. So glad you are enjoying it! I am glad you can at least watch some church services on TV, but it is good to stay home when you are sick. You will be well enough to go back soon. You and Joe are in my prayers. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey, I’m so sorry you are still sick! Seems like you are doing everything you can to get well.
    Elaine hit the nail with that gift box of tea! Earl Grey is my favorite from your assortment. It’s pretty weather in Texas but I think the rest of the country is experiencing true winter! Stay in and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get better! I love tea when I'm sick also. Chamomile is the best!☺💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and Joe. My daughter-in-law has been ill for weeks, too, so I know it can get ahold. I also know that meds don’t always help. Tea, however, is very soothing. Oh you have a treat in store if you are reading the Anne books. Wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you're still not feeling 'chipper' but I bet it won't be long. My sis called me last night and said she feels badly too- chills and aches and pains. She had the second shingles shot Friday and looked it up and thinks maybe just side effects. I sure hope she isn't getting the flu. I just loved Anne with an E also and am sad there won't be another season. I'd love to visit Prince Edward Island.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy,my friend,sorry to hear you are still so ill. Leave it to a sister to gift you with tea! So good for you! I prefer the 'black'teas like Earl Grey. I like the way each tea is separate & laid out so attractively. Please,both of you take care.Nothing is more important than your health! Russ & I will keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger just ate my whole comment. Let me just say that I hope you are both feeling much better really soon. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I an really sorry that you are still so sick, Kathy. You have sure had a run of bad luck this last year with illness--you and Joe both. I hope this is the end of it.
    Hubby used to drink a lot of tea but I like my coffee. I can't have the tannic acid in tea-it raises havoc with my system.
    Sorry you have had to miss so much church. I know how important it is for you to be there.
    Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.