Saturday, March 30, 2019

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING



Hello, friends!  Did you miss me?  I had some problems with my computer.  It is still giving me some trouble, but I think I can get this post finished.

This has been an interesting week.  On Monday I got sick.  Very sick.  I think it was some kind of a stomach virus.  I decided the best thing for me was to stay home and not go to the Nursing Home.  So I drove Joe over to church so that he could get a ride with Pastor and Rick and then came home.  Later Monday Joe also got sick.  We ended up sleeping instead of eating dinner which was probably the right thing to do.  By the next day we were both feeling better but not completely well.

Tuesday I cancelled Bible Study and spent the day watching TV and sleeping.

Wednesday Joe cancelled evening Bible Study.  He still wasn't feeling 100%.  I got up at 5:30 a.m. and left at 6:30 a.m. to go have an ultrasound.  The sun was just coming up when I left.





There was quite a bit of traffic, but it was moving so that wasn't a problem.  I was told to get there at 7:00 a.m. and I got there at 6:58 a.m.



I was able to get a handicapped parking space right across from the entrance.

I was a little nervous about the test, but I had a really nice tech take care of me who even had me laughing.  Her name was Angelica and she was from Russia.  So very kind and nice to me.

I left the hospital at 8:40 a.m. and headed home.  But by this time it was really rush hour with people heading to center city (the same direction I was going) and the traffic was terrible.  It took me 40 minutes to go 7 miles.  A lot of the time I just sat there.



I took the last picture while I was sitting still.  NEVER take a picture while you are driving!  I was about half-way home at this point.  I was very happy to get home and ended up just relaxing the rest of the day.  I must admit I didn't feel all that well after I had to drink 16 oz. of water for the last part of the test.

Thursday I finally felt well enough to get out of the house.  I just went to Wawa to get something for lunch but it felt good to be outside.  I also started cleaning the living room.  It is a big job but at least I made a start.

Yesterday I continued with my cleaning.  It was trash day and a lot of things went out in the trash and recycling.  I did so much and I look around and it looks like I did nothing.  *sigh*  There's just so much more to do.  But at least I am working on it.

I will continue on today.  It is supposed to get up to 75*F (24*C) and be sunny so I want to spend some time outside.  And I want to finish up my kitchen counters.  But I also have to type up the church bulletin and a poster for our next Saturday matinee.  So we will see how much actually gets done.

Here's a few pictures I haven't shown you from last week.

I didn't get to see the super moon.  There were too many clouds.  But I did get to see it online.



I got myself a shamrock donut at Wawa.  It was really good.



And I found a cute wreath for St. Patrick's Day at Target. I paid $3 for this in their Dollar Spot.



And lastly, here's my baby Jack taking a nap.  He's a sweet cat even if he does have his moments.



And with that I am going to end and get some sleep.  Hope you all have a good weekend.

Kathy



13 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It was a blessing you had Angelica. A pleasant tech can make a big difference. I love the Patty's wreath! Cute! Enjoy the weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have been sick, but glad to hear you are on the mend. Traffic is horrible in and out of the city for sure. Bet the donut was good and love the wreath you found. Have a good weekend...rest when you can and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did wonder what you were up to and I am sorry that you both were under the weather again. Onward and upward to feeling tons better and accomplishing what you want to do. I feel about my upstairs as you do about the living room...overwhelmed and lota needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you ! Im sorry to hear you've been sick,, theres been so much sickness this winter, Jack looks so contented sleeping with his head on his paws like that, I have made a fresh new start blogging, I would love for you to visit me ,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both feel good for the weekend. I know you hate to miss your church activities and meetings. But sometimes we just need more rest and it's good to listen to our bodies. Love your pretty new wreath. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby was sick over the weekend and took him most of the week to feel well again. He worked but was bushed by the time he got home again. Glad you and Joe are feeling better.
    God bless your day and your entire weekend. Loving this warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. Hope your weekend is going good. I hate city traffic and I grew up in Chicago! When Jack had eye surgery at the Cleveland Clinic I hated those drives into the city. It was usually raining and dark! Anyway, I hope all is good with you and you have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, Please take it easy, get rested up. You guys are on the go all the time. Did you wonder what caused you and Joe to be sick? Glad you got your test and hope for good results. It snowed here this afternoon and what a surprise, about two inches. Blessings to you, stay well honey, xoxo, usie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you both feel much better now Kathy. Love your sweet kitty...perhaps a bit of sunshine is going to be coming your way this week...warm hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Jack is beautiful. My Pogo loves curling up in a blanket to nap too. You need to take good care of you. It takes much longer to get over sicknesses now. I hope you are feeling much better really soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Kathy, what a week! I was recently under the weather, myself, and I know the longing to do things, but you just can't. Sometimes... just staying at home and resting is the best medicine!

    Take care dear and feel better soon!
    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better and could get a few things accomplished.
    Lots of people are wrestling with the flu.
    Hope you have a great rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a downer, Kathy, to have to get up so early to go for a test and then have to face driving in traffic. Hope the results are good and that you are feeling better as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.