Monday, March 11, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE


Hello, friends!  Welcome back to another Magazine Monday.  Today I have finished the Rachael Ray Every Day magazine from March 2018.


Although I like Rachael Ray, I'm really not into any of her recipes.  Although she did have good ideas with her grilled cheese sandwiches.

The back page of each of her magazines has a "Burger of the Month."  This month the burger was Green Eggs & Lamb Burgers.  I have put the recipe on my cooking blog.  This is not a recipe I would make, though, but some of you might be interested.


Rachael says:  I love Green Eggs and Ham.  I've often riffed on the book in my recipes.  This, however, is the first time I've gone with a pun rather than a literal interpretation.  I give you... Green Eggs and Lamb!

I might try lamb burgers sometime.  Joe loves lamb and I think he would like them.  I wouldn't put the harissa or egg on it though.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Philly.  Yesterday it got up to 50* and today it's supposed to be 55*.  So much nicer than the 20* weather we had last week.  I see nothing but warm temperatures for the foreseeable future so I think our winter is over.  Maybe Punxatawney Phil didn't lie after all.

I'm off to another doctor's appointment today.  Since I got my new insurance I am seeing a lot of doctors.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. I like Rachel Ray, too, but more for her products and personality than for the recipes. Oh no! Another doctor! 😁 It is good that you are able to seek the help you need and I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your weather has changed and it is warmer there. I like to listen to Rachel Ray but dont follow any of her recipes....dont have a dog either..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, green eggs and lamb really does nothing for me but it s a good concept.
    Speaking of eggs...in getting my eggs out of the fridge this morning , they slipped out of my hand ...down the fridge ...down my pants...and splat on the tile floor...yuck...what a slippery, slimey , gooey mess I had to clean up ...now I have a clean floor and 2 less eggs for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that. What a mess. The secret to cleaning up broken eggs is salt. If you pour salt over the egg, it will gel and come up almost in one piece.

      Delete
  4. I remember reading dr seuss green eggs and ham to the grandkids lots of fun dont think I would eat it though hope your appointments go well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of lamb so I’ll pass on the recipe. I’ve made a Rachel Ray recipe for pulled chicken many times. She is fun to watch when I get the chance.
    I have new health insurance too...had to get one for the first two months of this year, now it changes agin since it’s my 65th soon.
    God bless your evening....loving the lighter evening skies we now have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say Phil did lie. Spring did not come early. It's right on schedule. At least, I hope it is. Less than a week away. I for one can't wait. I don't cook very often any more, but I do like to watch some of the cooking shows. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.