Sunday, March 17, 2019

A WONDERFUL SATURDAY OUT


Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  I woke up a short time ago and thought I would write this now while I have the time.  Sundays are busy days for me.

Yesterday my friends Donna and Carol went with me out to Paradise in Lancaster County to the Paradise Bible Fellowship Church.


I had read on facebook, and then heard from my friend Sharon (hi, Sharon!), about a special day they were having -- a Ladies Luncheon and guest speaker.  The speaker was Eleanor Isaacson, an author (among many other things) who lived in Nazi Germany as a child.  It sounded so interesting!

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  It figures when I had a long drive in front of me.  I knew I would be tired by the end of the day.  And I was!

I picked up Carol first and then headed in the opposite direction to pick up Donna.  We got on I-95 and headed out to Lancaster.  We made good time and got there in an hour and 45 minutes.  I was surprised at how empty Route 30 was.  I guess people weren't up yet because it sure wasn't empty on the way home.

We met up with Sharon and she introduced us to some of her friends.  There were a lot of women there (maybe 80-90) from different BFC churches.  I think we came the furthest but I may be wrong. 

The food was wonderful.  There were six different kinds of homemade soup:  potato, creamy vegetable, vegetable beef, gluten and dairy free vegetable, chicken and I don't remember the other one.  There were also raw veggies and cute little sandwiches:  ham salad, egg salad, tuna salad and chicken salad.  Lots of choices of beverages too.  And cake and cookies for dessert.  I had a bowl of the vegetable beef soup and two sandwiches: ham and egg salad.  My stomach has been giving me problems and I didn't want to push it far from home so I left the raw veggies and didn't have dessert.  I stuck to drinking water too.  But believe me I was full!

The speaker, Eleanor Isaacson, was so good.  She spoke for over an hour and if we had stood up and had a stretch, I could have listened to her for another hour.  She told so much about her life and what Nazi Germany was like.  She had lots of pictures too that were fascinating.  And most importantly she clearly presented the Gospel.

The one thing Eleanor emphasized that really stuck with me was that all of our life, good or bad (and who doesn't have some bad in their life) was allowed by God in order to make us into the people we are today.  God is in control of all things.  If we didn't have bad things happen, we wouldn't know we could count on Him to help us and be with us.  I am going to take that with me from now on.

Before we went into the sanctuary for the meeting, she was in the hallway selling copies of her book.  Donna and Carol each bought one and had it autographed.  I wanted a copy but didn't have any cash on me.  Donna bought be a book and gave it to me as a gift for driving out there.  That was so sweet of her!  It is called Dancing from Darkness.  You will see me giving a review of it very soon.  I can't wait to start reading it.

We left Paradise around 3:00 p.m. and headed home.  It took me three hours before I walked through my front door.  Traffic was really bad.  I took first Carol and then Donna home before coming home myself.

Joe and Pastor had gone to the Day of Prayer at another BFC church in Allentown.  He had a wonderful day also.  I was home about 10 minutes before he showed up.  We had fun sharing with each other all we had experienced.

And now it's another day of worship and praise.  I am going to get off of here so I can do what I need to before leaving for church.  I hope you all have a blessed day.

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, That sounds like a wonderful day with your friends. Sorry the traffic was so heavy upon your return home. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been so wonderful to join you at this women’s gathering....thanks for inviting me. We had a good time with my husband’s cousins, a little smaller this year but still good. Traffic certainly can be an issue and glad you got home safely!
    Enjoy your Sunday! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day even though it was heavy traffic coming home and made for a long day. Have a wonderful day of worship at your church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the most wonderful day. A truly inspirational speaker changes lives. I will add her book to my long list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy-It is so wonderful to have a day like that with friends- sharing fellowship and being inspired. That is so true about the bad in life, mixed in with the good. I do believe we can go either way in what we choose to dwell on in life.

    Have a blessed Sunday and I am so glad you were gifted a copy of that book. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those special kind of days..fellowship together...good food...and inspiration.
    the book sounds fascinating. I might have to order one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such special day of friends,fellowship & food! It is so heartwarming when you can take away something that will stay with you. a toal blessing from Donna to gift you with the book! When you read it,it'll be like being there all over again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy! Sounds like you had a great time with your friends. I have missed getting to attend a women's fellowship like this. We've just found a church and I'm excited as I've signed up for a lady's Bible study. Oh, I'm excited to think you could use some of my bulletin board ideas. I sure did enjoy making those all those years ago. Take care and I always appreciate your visits.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sounds like your day was wonderful. It's good to spend time with friends. Your friends was so nice to buy you the book. Enjoy it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.