Tuesday, April 2, 2019

CLOSING OUT MARCH


Hello, friends.  This year is just moving along, isn't it.  Welcome to April, one of my favorite months.  Winter is gone for sure even though there are some chilly days.  I've been able to wear a sweater instead of a heavy jacket lately.  And things in the yard are starting to blossom and leaf out.  I will be showing you soon.

But let's look at March.  In the beginning of the month we celebrated Fastnacht.  I love those doughnuts.  And even though I don't keep Lent, per se, I do enjoy Fat Tuesday.


After watching "The Great British Baking Show" I began baking.  Although I have fallen behind on the things I want to make.  I did make a lemon blueberry loaf and some blueberry muffins.  It's blueberry season so I think there is some more blueberry baking in my future.


And then there was Pi Day (3/14).  I ate pie.


Hmm.  Seems like the beginning of the month centered around eating desserts.  But there was a Saturday where Donna, Carol and I headed out to Lancaster County to Paradise Bible Fellowship Church to hear a speaker who had been raised in Nazi Germany.  If you didn't read that post, please do. (READ IT HERE)  It was a wonderful day.

St. Patrick's Day was fun, although low key.  And then came Spring!  How I love Spring!

But last week Joe and I got sick.  We had forced down time.  Fortunately we are much better this week.  Yesterday we went to the Nursing Home and then Rick went with us to Ritz Diner and we had an early dinner.  We haven't done that in a long time and it was fun.

And now I have to get ready to go teach the Ladies Bible Study.  It's another busy week and I don't know how much I will be blogging.  There just isn't the time anymore.  But I will try.

Until later...


11 comments:

  1. Time just flies! Glad you are feeling better, but take care of yourself while working so hard, so you dont get sick again. Have a nice Tuesday at the Bible study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like March was a particularly yummy month! I really like the Great British baking show, and also The great British bakery , and Britain’s best home cook, they are great. They just recently started selling special donuts here on Fat Tuesday, just since Walmart came to town , I forget what they call them, they are big yeast donuts with a jelly filling, Enjoy your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always choose the important things.😉 Have a great week and I’ll catch you when you turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you both are feeling well again. I love April as well. Seems to be taking so long for it to warm up though. Some years we have a whole lot more color then we do at this point now. Know it will come!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do stay busy! Glad y’all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news that you both are feeling better. I am enjoying watching my hyacinths poke their heads up. The sun is warmer,jackets are lighter;loving the dog walks! Wish I was in your kitchen when you're baking. must smell soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very busy. Try not to overdo so that you don't get sick again. It's not fun to slow down but sometimes it is necessary. Enjoy your Spring weather and have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this time of year! Warm and sunny here today! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy,
    Yes welcome spring! I am not opposed to more snow which happens sometimes in our AZ mountains but I am glad when spring comes. I have herbs and
    perennials coming up in several places. From Your post, I am guessing that you live in PA. My husbands family were persecuted and fled from France. The name is LeFevre and they have a rich christian heritage. There is a homestead and museum in Paradise which he and a couple of my children visited many years ago. I am from Ohio. Your donuts look wonderful! I've never tried those and the muffins look delicious. I've never watched the British baking show but it sounds fun! Thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind comment. I'm a new follower of yours. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baking looks delish and I can't wait until our blueberry bushes start to produce but that won't be until July. You're a busy lady but I'm glad you're feeling better and can go and do all that good work with bible studies and such. Have a good rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your baked goods look so goot as they say in Lancaster County. Now I want to bake something. I am happy to read that you and Joe are over your sickness and can get back to your busy lives. Warmer weather should be coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.