Saturday, December 8, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY 8 - THIS AND THAT



It was bitterly cold here today.  It hovered around the freezing mark all day.  I didn't end up doing as much as I wanted to because I have been in so much pain.  My left leg is killing me.  I ended up taking some Tylenol and sleeping most of the afternoon.  It's much better now.  Oh the joys of getting older.

First, I must show you a picture from this morning.  The sun was pouring in from the front window.  Jack wanted to sleep on the chair, but the sun was in his eyes.  So he did what anyone would -- cover his eyes to keep the sun out.  When I took this he was sound asleep.  So cute!


I think this is the last bag of the items we got in Lancaster on vacation.  These came from Reading China and Glass.  The little animals are chip bag clips.  Aren't they adorable?  The butterfly is a potholder and then I got 150 holiday baking cups.


I also got some sugar decorations for some cupcakes I want to do and some chocolate fudge for Carole to thank her for taking care of the house and the cat.


I have been having trouble staying on my diet ever since our vacation.  I just can't seem to get back on it with all the goodies around this time of year.  I am doing my best though and although I have not lost, I have not gained.

I finished day two of my Advent Scarf.  Of course there is no way to get it finished by Christmas, but I will finish it.  It is so pretty.  Here is the entire scarf so far.


And a close up of just the pattern in day 2.


Joe is sick again, so please pray for him.  It is a very bad cold.  He is not running a fever, so we are hopeful he will just shake this off.  We have a busy day tomorrow so I hope he does not get worse.

I found the Christmas swag from last year and put it on the front door tonight.  Now I just have a few more things to do and the front is finished.  I want to finish the Christmas cards tomorrow also.

And now I need to go back to sleep.  Sunday is coming quickly.  Until later...

Kathy




5 comments:

  1. Such a cute picture of Jack! Love the Advent scarf...it is so pretty and you are doing such a good job. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is adorable! I think I tried the 'block the sun'move once. I doubt I was as successful as he was. The scarf is so pretty. I love the owl clips! So cute! Sorry to hear about Joe. I'm fighting a cough/sore throat myself. Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is GREAT! Jack sleeps like ours do. Cats are so adorable! Sure hope your Joe shacks the cold. This is not the time of year to be sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe is sick again....no fun at all!!! Prayers he feels better soon. Phil had a cold as well but getting over it ok, with help of YL essential oils. Your advent scarf is pretty...knitting it? I've not started my Christmas cards yet...soon though! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.