Saturday, December 8, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY 7 -- ST NICHOLAS DAY


Hello, everyone!  Welcome to Blogmas Day 7.  I was so tired last night that I fell asleep without blogging.  So I will make it up to you today with one entry this morning and another tonight.

Joe and I have celebrated St. Nicholas Day ever since we have been married.  It's a fun thing for us.  We give each other little gifts recognizing that Christmas is about Christ and St. Nicholas Day is about gifts.  We have given each other socks, cookies, candy, a scarf...  Just a token gift.  This year was very small but neither of us wanted or needed anything.

He gave me Peeps and I gave him a Santa hat.  If you have been following me for any length of time you know I LOVE Peeps and Joe LOVES chocolate.


Snowman Peeps


Gingerbread Peeps


And Christmas tree Peeps.


And a chocolate Santa Hat for Joe.  I have a feeling he will get another one (or two) in his stocking on Christmas morning.


Yesterday was our Crafters meeting at church.  Three of us showed up.  Four including the Pastor.  His craft was putting pennies into rolls to deposit at the bank.  Ha, ha.  Dorothea was crocheting a beautiful turquoise blue blanket for her granddaughter for Christmas.  Kathy was making needlepoint Philadelphia Eagles magnets.  I was knitting my Advent Scarf (which will definitely not be finished by Christmas).  I am almost finished Day 2 and will show it to you later.

Afterwards I took Kathy to the post office.  When she moved a few weeks ago, she put in a change of address.  The address was changed but so was her last name.  No, she didn't get married.  No, she didn't change her name.  Yes, she typed into the computer her correct name "White."  The post office made her a "Davis."  How do you get Davis from White?  The guy behind the desk didn't know either and got a good laugh about it.  It should be fixed now.  He said we made his day.

Joe bought the new TV we have in order to stream programs.  And we do.  Last night we watched an old (1950s old) "What's My Line?".  That has become a favorite with us and there are hundreds of this program on YouTube.  We watch at least one a night and sometimes as many as three.  We also streamed a BBC program presented by Lucy Worsley (another favorite of ours) entitled "Elizabeth I's Battle for God's Music" about the change in church music during the time of the Tudors.  Really good.  And really nice to see on a large screen rather than a small tablet.

And now I am going to go get something for breakfast.  We were going to take Jack to the Vet today, but his cold seems to have gone away.  I have to call and cancel the appointment.  Joe is the one with the bad cold now.  *sigh*  I hope I stay healthy.

I also am determined to get the house decorated for Christmas today.  It may not get finished, but something is going to get done.

So until later...

Kathy








6 comments:

  1. That’s what I need to be saying...”Something’s going to get done.” I suppose that hauling trash and going to the post office qualifies as a little something. What does reading blogs qualify as? Have a fun and productive day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can decorate the house and then sit back and enjoy. I love your St. Nicholas Day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me that I have lots of pennies and other coins that need to be put in wrappers and taken to the bank. I too, will get something done today. Not sure what, but it will be something! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do remember how much you love Peeps! Would you believe I bought some at Easter to make a s’mores recipe.....and they are still in the pantry! Wonder if they are too old to use now?
    You are going to get something done and I am taking a day off! But I’ll still accomplish a few things....I want to do art....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Peeps!! I haven't seen those yet, but haven't looked for them either. Now the chocolate Santa hat... yum! Hope you got some decorating done!! Let us know and I look forward to seeing your Advent scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the determination in the 'something will get done'statement! Taking Kathy does count. Something is just that--something. Never thought about St Nicholas day. The little gifts are a cute idea.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.