Thursday, December 13, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY 11 -- CATCHING UP



Hello, friends!  Yes, I am still here.  A little worse for wear, but I haven't left you.

On Tuesday I ended up sleeping most of the day.  I was so tired.  I just couldn't wake up.  Nothing got done.  I even got Joe to call out for dinner because I was too tired to cook.  I have decided I am not as young as I once was and having something to do every day for weeks on end is not for me anymore.  So no decorating.  No cookies.  No nothing.  Except I did get about 12 hours or more of sleep!

Yesterday was another busy day.  I went to the post office in the morning and mailed all my Christmas cards.  I finally got them written and on their way.

In the afternoon I joined the Pastor and three other ladies to get out a large mailing.  I folded the letters.  Carole and Pastor put address labels on the envelopes, Dorothea stuffed them and Alice sealed them.  It was like a production line.  We got over 300 letters out in 1 1/2 hours.  Then I took them all to the post office and hurried home to get ready for Youth Group.

Joe came with me to Youth Group today.  He had a few things to do at the church and as elder he wanted to see just what we were doing with the kids.  And...  no one showed up.  We waited for 1/2 hour and then decided to go home.  It was disappointing because Rich and I do a lot of preparation to give them a good time.

So I got home early and was able to make chicken, potatoes and broccoli for dinner before Joe went to his Veterans Meeting across the street.

I worked some on my temperature blanket while he was gone.  I was a couple of weeks behind but now I'm all caught up.  And I have finished day three of my Advent Scarf.  But I may have to take a break today because my hands are hurting a lot to knit.

Because of sleeping one day and running around the other I haven't taken any pictures or done anything to clean or decorate the house.  Hopefully that will get done today and I will get a second post to you.

I am supposed to go out for the entire afternoon with Carol and Donna to celebrate Donna's birthday, but I have cancelled out.  I just cannot do this anymore.  I will get together with them later, I just can't do it today.  Carol seems upset and doesn't seem to understand, but I can't help that.  My health is more important.

And so now I will end and get my breakfast.  Then I hope to do a lot around here today.

Have a good day and stay warm.  We are to have snow this afternoon!

Kathy






12 comments:

  1. You have got to take care of you #1, then you will be able to do the other things. Prayers for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're tired and pain in hands no fun. A bit of fresh air could help too. Prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the too busy thing....I cannot do it all anymore either. Hope you can accomplish all you wish to today. No snow here, I least I don’t think so, just flurries. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to take care of yourself...as you get older, you realize how important that is. I always think I should be able to do more...but it's not possible and I am learning to be happy or at least content with what I can do. We wear out! Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow down! Sometimes our church work can be overwhelming-been there and done that! Oh I love church and have helped start new ones, but surely we must go at a pace that is appropriate for our ages and our health! God is good and understands! Even God rested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P s
    Read visits with Mary blog...good insights!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're absolutely right, we reach a certain age and finally realize that we really do have to slow down a bit and let our body catch up with our mind. Take care of yourself. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care of yourself Kathy!!! I know its hard to slow down, but we must listen to our bodies. I don't decorate the way I used to and thats all right I know once my tea starts school so many changes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aging and energy, don't go hand in hand.
    It's best you take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have all your Christmas cards done, you are doing far better than I. Yes, do take good care of yourself, Kathy. Your friends will eventually understand and you can make it up to them one day. Pace yourself...it will all get done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care of yourself (and you hubby)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please be kinder to yourself. When Brenda said 'even God rested',she was right. I'd like to think it was stated so His followers would know it is okay to rest.His words? "Be still". Do what you are able to do. True friends will understand & you get together at another time. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy the joy of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.