Monday, January 29, 2018

A FUN SATURDAY


Another beautiful picture and as we are forecasted snow for tomorrow, it may look like this here (except for the amazingly huge Christmas tree).

On Saturday I finally got to visit my brother and sister-in-law at their house in Montgomery County.  It took me an hour each way because the traffic was so bad.  I didn't expect that.  Joe wasn't able to go with me because he hurt his back and was in a lot of pain.  He's doing much better now.  Not completely well, but better.  Backs are funny things, aren't they?

So the three of us went to one of their favorite restaurants for lunch.  It was the Restaurant at Westover Golf Club.

Photo of The Restaurant At Westover Golf Club - Jeffersonville, PA, United States

It was very pretty inside and the food was great.  I had a chopped steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.

After we ate, we went back to Larry and Kim's house and they showed me their new camper.  It is so cute.  I asked if I could take pictures and show it to you on the blog and they said yes.

Here is their little eating area.


And their kitchen.  Small but complete.



It fits a queen sized bed and a very comfy sofa that is also a bed.  There is a curtain to separate the two spaces.



Since they have a campground space down the shore, they are decorating it with all kinds of beachy stuff.  These pillows and the ones on the bed were made for them by my mom.



I didn't take a picture of it, but there is a good sized bathroom too.  It's almost as big as in some apartments.



There is tons of storage too.  They are making it so nice and I know they will enjoy getting to go away each weekend this summer.

I stayed for awhile and we exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts.  My birthday is December 29 and Larry's is January 3. 

I actually got some good photos of their dog Schnitzel (whom I kept calling Strudel -- brain block!).  It is hard to get a picture of him.  He likes to move.



I finally left (later than I expected to) and made my way home in the dark.  Another hour back.  I would have made much better time if there weren't so many cars on the road just creeping along!

It was so much fun spending time with my family.  I hope we can do it more often than we have been.

Now on to another busy day.  I am determined to make this house look halfway decent.

Kathy


11 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to get there to visit your family---sorry that Joe hurt his back and couldn't go.
    It sounds like you found the perfect place to eat lunch.
    Here's hoping you have a good week and get lots accomplished. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their place looks so cozy! I confess I love your 'photo tours'.You make it all so interesting.Sorry to hear about Joe's back. Backs are funny things. A co-worker once just reached in her fridge to get her lunch & pulled something in her back.Ouch!Hope he feel beeter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling alone isn’t fun but the reward was grest! Spending time with family (dog included) !
    Knowing you, you are prepared for the snow, blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camper looks really nice and I know they will enjoy in the summer. So glad you got to spend time with them, and sorry Joe couldnt make it...maybe next time. Have a good day and new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That camper looks nice. My sister and brother in law have one that looks similar that they keep in a permanent spot at a lake near their home. Cute dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The camper is really nice. I'm sure they will have many fun adventures with it! Hope your Joe's back is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if Strudel, errrr, Schnitzel is grinning at you! I think “Strudel” is a cute name!

    Your brother and sister-in-law’s camper is adorable. How perfect for summers at the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun visit with your family. I love the camper. Pogo and I would really love something like that. Actually, we could settle for a little cottage by the water, with flowers in the garden and birds in the trees. Oh gosh, there I go again. hahaha. Schnitzel is so handsome.

    It's snowing here. It started during the night and hasn't stopped yet. The flakes are beginning to get bigger too. Yuck!

    You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a safe and fun trip to see your bro and sis in law. Nice trailer. That would be fun to have but happening. Dream on. Phil says that's what the credit card is for. Hotel stay. :-} lovely full moon tonight shining in cloudless sky! Hope Joe's back is feeling better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bliss! That scene reminds me of Thomas Kincaid's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait...it is Thomas Kincaid's, isn't it?

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.