Wednesday, April 29, 2015

IT MUST BE ALMOST DONE

The construction on the house next door continues.  The stucco people have been here on Sunday, Monday and yesterday.  They did a beautiful job with the top coat.



I thought it looked great.  But yesterday they put a gray colored coat on top.  I think I liked the tan better, but the gray is OK too.


It's hard to see with all the scaffolding.  When it comes down, I will go across the street and get a really good picture for you.  It is supposed to go up for sale on Friday.  A couple of friends from church are looking for a place to live and it would be cool for one of them to move in next door.  I would know there wouldn't be any big drinking/drugging parties going on.

They finished the back of our house on Monday also.  It is beautiful.  So much nicer than anything I could have imagined.  When I have time to get out there I will show you how it turned out.  The guys were so good.  They cleaned up, swept the patio, put the furniture back, and even hung up the clothesline for me again!

I have to stop now and get ready for work.  Another lovely day at the library.  And, yes, I can't wait to retire.

One last picture for you.  Here's an incredible sunset from the other day.  I love the clouds in it.


 Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy

P.S.  Hop on over to my cooking blog "Cooking for my friends" today.  I have a really good recipe for olive oil cake.  You can click on the link on the right hand side of this page.

8 comments:

  1. Everything is shaping up nicely and I know you will be glad when it is all done. Glad they fixed the back of your house too. The cloud picture is another of God's handiwork! Thanks for sharing and have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you see the house without the scaffolding! Looking good. I'm just praying for good neighbors to move in.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing the before and after transformations!!! I always wonder how did they KNOW it was going to look so good??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess they have done it more than once! Ha, ha. It is lovely and I am loving it!

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I know you are going to love being retired, you are always busy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think I will still be busy in retirement. No rest for the weary. Or is that no rest for the wicked? In any case not having to deal with the public will be a big relief to me.

      Delete
  4. I like the before / after photos. It is amazing what can be done. It is heartwarming to find such thoughtful professionals. Your house looks wonderful! I know you're counting the days....but enjoy the now too.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I think it looks wonderful too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.