Saturday, April 4, 2015


The library was closed for Good Friday, so I had a second day off.  I wanted to get some more cleaning done, but ended up running the whole day.

I did get a chance to sleep in.  I woke up around 10:00 a.m.  Considering I woke up at 3:00 a.m. after 3 hours of sleep and went back to sleep at 5:00 a.m. I guess I didn't really "sleep in" all that much.  I seem to be most productive between midnight and 5:00 a.m.  Maybe because no one is telephoning me and Joe's asleep.  Well, most of the time he is.

Joe is still sick.  He so wanted to go to church for the prayer time today, but instead got a doctor's appointment.  So I ran over and picked up Debbie and the two of us went.

The church was open for prayer from noon until 3:00 p.m.  We got there around 1:30.  We saw Rick leaving and Natasha and her girls were there when we went in.  I sat on my usual seat in the back and just drank in the peacefulness of the place.  The soft music playing... the quiet sound of people praying... the beauty of the altar.  We were there praying for about 30 minutes and then left.  I hope we do this every year.  It was a very meaningful time.

We came back to my house and I cut Debbie's hair for her.  She has been growing it for about a year in order to donate it to Pantene to make wigs for cancer patients.  She looks so different with her hair short.  She says it feels so much better too.

Then it was off to the doctor for Joe.  Debbie helped him into the car for me while I was getting everything together.  I dropped her  at the post office so she could mail her hair off.  Joe and I continued on to the doctor's.  We got there 10 minutes early, but Joe was taken right in.  He has the same thing as I had a couple of weeks ago -- acute sinusitis.  He got some strong antibiotics for it and hopefully will be OK for Sunday.

We were right near the eye doctor's office so we went there next to pick up Joe's glasses.  

He really needed a hair cut so while we were there we went around the corner to this new hair salon called "Super Cuts" and Joe got a cut.  Oh boy did he get a cut.  He asked for a flat top with shaved sides and back.  I think it's too short, but he's happy with it.  He keeps telling me that hair grows.

Then we headed to the dry cleaner's and got Joe's suit for Sunday.  The next stop on the way home was the pharmacy to pick up his medication.

By this time we were starved.  We had been fasting all day, but had to eat dinner in order to take our medicine with food.  So we called out for a pizza and garlic bread.

So that's how our day ended.  It's been great.  I really don't want to go back to work today because I still have so much to do around the house.  But I guess I have to.  *sigh*  I hope it's not a busy day.



  1. I agree about hoping the church will be open every year on Good Friday. It was very peaceful & I'm grateful for such a place to open my heart to my Lord.
    Thank you for cutting my hair & dropping me at the post office. It feels so different to be 'missing' almost 9 inches of hair. Like Joe said:it'll grow".It was my pleasure to be able to help you with Joe & anything else. that's what friends do. Hope Joe feels better soon.

  2. Kathy, Glad you and Debbie had time together . Sounds like you and Joe got a lot done, running here and there. I pray you both will be well and enjoy your Easter. xoxo,Susie

  3. We used to live in an area outside of town and attended a small church there. The doors were never locked and we could go in any time we wanted pray, clean, put flowers on the altar, etc. After we had lived there many years, it changed and the doors were always locked. A little sad to me. You were a busy bee yesterday for sure...sometimes there arent enough hours in a day to get it all done. Maybe you wont be too busy today as many are preparing for tomorrow. Hope Joe gets better soon and can attend church tomorrow with you.

  4. We always have a Good Friday service at our church. It was good as always. Felt blessed. I wasgone most of the day .. Tulip farm wirh another blogger abd we had lovely a.m. and left before it started raining then we had lunch. Then I went to dentist for a cleaning. Hope Joe feels better soon. Have a blessed Easter weekend. Hugs!!!

  5. That whole WORK thing is just so time consuming! I'll be glad when you get to retire!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.