Wednesday, April 1, 2015


Since it is actually after midnight I guess yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.

It began with me waking up very late.  It was 8:15 and I needed to leave at 8:30 to pick up Debbie and get to Bible Study by 9:00.  And I hadn't printed my handouts yet.  I grabbed the printer and found it was almost out of ink and didn't want to print.  I finally mixed the inks and was able to get the copies printed.  Then I threw on some clothes, hoped I didn't look too bad, and ran out of the door.

I called Debbie and she headed down to the corner to meet me.  However, I got caught in traffic and she ran across the street for a minute and we missed each other.  I called her cell phone which she didn't hear ringing.  Since she didn't answer and I didn't know where she was, AND it was getting later and later, I left.  I got about two blocks away and my cell phone rang.  It was Debbie and she was waiting for me and wanted to know where I was.  OK.  I told her to wait and I would head back, but her phone cut out.  I could hear her, but she couldn't hear me.  I heard her say, "I'm just going back home."  By this time, I was already heading back to get her.  Fortunately, she had gotten only half a block when I pulled up and she hopped in.

We were 20 minutes late getting to the study.  Fortunately one of our members is a Deaconess and her husband is a Deacon.  They had keys to the church, had gone in and started the tea and coffee.  I was so glad.

So we sat down to begin the lesson and I found that I didn't have my teaching notes.  I printed them out, but they were home on the sofa.  AAUUGGHH!!!  I decided to just wing it and sent up a prayer for God to give me the words to say.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the lesson went really well.  And when I got home I found that I had hit every point I was supposed to.  I hadn't even studied the lesson, just read it through once last week.  Thank you, Lord!

I left a little late for work, but still got there only 3 minutes late.  I had had no breakfast or lunch.  Fortunately there were some chips at work, so I had a bag to hold me over until my 6 p.m. dinner.

We opened the doors to the public and immediately there were major problems.  Poor Clarissa was on the desk and was swamped.  Plus she didn't know how to handle a lot of the things.  She had to keep calling me to the front desk for people who wanted to see her supervisor.  I would just get one problem solved, walk back to my desk in the workroom and hear, "Kathy!  I need you at the desk again."  I felt so badly for her.  A lot of it was things she had never encountered before because she is so new.

Later I was on the front desk while Liz, our only librarian in today, went to lunch.  That made me in charge.  Fine.  It was nice and quiet.  Diane and Clarissa were also at lunch.  Then LOTS of people came in.  School had just let out.  I had a lady give me three library cards to make for her kids.  I called Bob and got him started on them as I waited on a long line of people dropping books off and taking books out.  Then another lady had another three cards to do.  I tried to start them, but didn't have time because I had a line of people wanting computer reservations.  And each of them had a problem.  As I was taking care of that, the first lady comes back and starts yelling at me for not having the library cards ready.  She said I obviously was not doing anything, just scanning books and talking to people.  What?  Hello!  Fortunately Bob came out just then with the finished cards and she apologized to me.

I went and got a snack at dinner time thinking I would eat with Joe when I got home.  But when I got here, all the lights were out and he was sick in bed and didn't want dinner.  I haven't even had time to talk to him because he's asleep.

To top it off, I posted a question on facebook asking if something I had heard was true.  My cousin posted a really nasty reply and called me names.  I don't even know what she was talking about because the post had nothing to do with what she was saying.  She said I was bullying her and she was sick of it.  I thought, "Oh, no, you're the bully."  So I unfriended and blocked her.

And then my sweet little Snowy cat decided that mommy didn't need dinner and kept trying to knock my plate off of the table so she could eat the food.  The little brat!  I ended up holding the plate in one hand and eating with the other dodging her paw that was trying to knock it out of my hand.  She has never done that before and I don't know what got into her.

So that's my day.  I am SO GLAD it is over.

Now, how about some good news.  Don't you think that's a good idea?  I do.

My good friend Linda Chapman from the blog Linda's Life Journal sent me some bookmarks that her quad grandchildren had made for the Ladies' Bible Study.  We were so happy and grateful to get them.  I told her I would send her a picture of us with them and thought I would show you also.  It's so sweet of her to send them to us.

When I went out at dinner to get my cheese and crackers, I also bought myself a Peeps bunny.  I get them only once a year, so I figure they aren't THAT bad for me.  Besides, after the day I had, I could use some sugar.

And lastly, here is a short video of the Hope Philly Praise Band from Sunday morning.  Even with a couple of members missing, they are still good.

And that's it for tonight.  Tomorrow is another day and I know it will be a better one.  We don't appreciate the good days without the bad ones.

Good night everyone.



  1. I so wasn't aware of all that! I really need to do something about my phone ....You did a really good lesson for
    'winging it'. Love my bookmark! I am sorry to hear about how hectic the day was at work. At least the lady said she was sorry.
    I like a occasional peep now & then.You certainly did deserve one! It is a shame Joe was feeling so sick. You also could have used a hug. Hope he (and you!) Have a better day tomorrow.
    Sending prayers & hugs!

    1. I'm hoping today is better too. It's not starting out wonderful, but it's certainly no where near as bad as yesterday!

  2. If anyone deserves some 'sugar', you do after the day you had yesterday. Peeps are perfect. When we have those days, it makes us appreciate the quiet, boring ones even more. I pray that today will go smoothly and you have some sunshine in your life.

    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I could use a few boring days right about now.

  3. Bless your heart!!!! You had quite a time of it!! Glad the ladies enjoyed the bookmarks!
    Hope you and Joe can feel good at the SAME time soon!!!!

  4. I saw that post Kathy and I thought her reply was uncalled for. I have learned though that there are certain people in this world who actually look for reasons to be offended. You did the right thing un-friending and blocking her.

  5. I am glad you got through your day. I had a downhill afternoon yesterday at work. I wasn't feeling real good and the last hour I wasn't feeling like I wanted to deal with people. But I persevered and so glad to get home. I was so tired by then I didn't really care about anything. But managed to work on a blog post. The band sounds good. Thanks for sharing!!! Hope your day was much better today...yes, there is always something to be thankful for! :0)


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.