Tuesday, April 7, 2015


What a beautiful day we had for Easter.  I woke up 5:30 before the sun was up and started to get things ready.  As it got lighter in the house, I went to the front door and took pictures of the sun rising.

I gave Joe a card that I had bought him and also a hollow chocolate bunny.  You have to have a chocolate bunny on Easter.  He loved it.  He's such a baseball fan.  (I am too.)

After his falls the day before Joe went back and forth on whether to go to church or not.  Finally he got himself together to go.  I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of him because he looked so nice!  Come to think of it, didn't get a picture of me either.

I had gotten a little stuffed lamb for Miss A and little chocolate bunnies for the two little girls I teach on Wednesday night.

Joe and I sat on the pew in the very back against the wall.  It was the first seat nearest the door and I could sit with him.  When Miss A came in with her mamma I gave her the lamb.  She kept carrying it around by it's ear.

I loved her cute little pink Easter dress.  She had her first pair of Mary Jane shoes too.  White patten leather no less.

The choir sang and I thought we did really well.  I usually have a little nervousness when I get up in front of people, but this time I didn't.  I asked if it was being taped, and it was.  When it goes up on our website I will give you the link so you can see it.  I am anxious to see it myself.

The message was really outstanding.  At the end three ladies in the church rededicated their lives to God.  The elders of the church went forward to lay hands on them and pray with them.  Joe being an elder went forward too.  I was surprised because he was hurting so badly from his falls on Saturday.  But I was glad too because the church and these ladies meant so much to him.

The elders were on their way back to their seats when the choir was asked to do an encore.  I stood up and turned to get my music when I heard this crash.  I turned around and Joe had fallen trying to get back to his seat.  He was laying on his face on the floor with the overturned walker beside him.  Four men in the church ran to him and picked him up.  I think he was more embarrassed than hurt.  He told me to get up front and sing.  So I did.

I took him home right after the service.  Two of the men helped him to the car.  We have such great people in our church.  I wish we lived closer.  It isn't in our neighborhood, so it's a drive to get to it.  But we love it and don't want to go anywhere else.

After this Joe was not up to going out to eat.  I offered to stay home with him, but he insisted I go out.  He said he would be alone when I went to work and this wouldn't be as long as that.  So I reluctantly went.

My next-door neighbor and friend Chrissy went as well and she offered to drive.  Who am I to turn down a ride?  I almost never get to just ride anymore since Joe no longer drives.

We went to King George II Inn.  There were 9 of us there.  My brother Larry and his wife Kim...

My sister Elaine and I...
 (that's our waiter behind us)

Kim's parents...

Our friends (and adopted parents) Carole and Walt...

 And Chrissy who did not want her picture taken so I took a picture of the portrait of George Washington instead.  Ha, ha!

The restaurant was very crowded.  We were told they were serving about 1,000 people and the kitchen was backed up.  It took about an hour to get our food.  I got roasted chicken with smashed potatoes and snow peas.  My sister got mushroom ravioli with spring veggies.  After tasting hers, I wished I had gotten that instead.  It was very good.  I was so full, but got a slice of strawberry shortcake cheesecake to take home and share with Joe.

When we were finished eating we went down on the pier to take pictures.  It's so pretty there.  There was a good wind blowing and at first it felt good, but after awhile I was frozen.

I love this view of the Delaware River.  That's Burlington Island with the trees and Burlington, NJ on the right.

The sun was just starting to set.

The river was so pretty at sunset.
Chrissy and Elaine talking.

Larry took a picture of the three of us.  I think we all look fat.  It must be the picture.

Here is the back of the Inn.  It's beautiful with the golden light of the sunset.
And here's a couple of short videos for you.  You can hear the wind blowing and the waves lapping.  It was really windy!

We finally decided to leave because I didn't want Joe left alone too long.  Elaine came back to visit for a little bit.  I gave her a hollow chocolate bunny which was the only thing she asked for for Easter.

She stayed about half an hour and then left.

Despite everything it really was a lovely day.  It was back to work for me today, but that's another story.



  1. You really can hear the wind in the videos! Wow! I am so sorry that Joe fell again...at least he got to go to church.The scenic shots are beautiful. I'll be waiting to hear the choir.
    Love little Miss A & her lamb!

  2. I am so sorry to hear about Joe falling at church. You sure have a lot on you, and yet you have such a caring, sweet attitude. God will bless you richly for that. The pictures are so good and glad you got to spend some time with friends and family. I will be anxious to hear your choir sing, so dont forget to give us the link when it is ready.

  3. So sorry to hear about Joe. It was so sweet of him to scoot you out the door for dinner. That place looks wonderful. As usual, I can enjoy your great photos but videos do not appear. Oh well. I hope I
    get to see the chorus!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.