Thursday, September 4, 2014

IT'S BEEN A LONG WEEK


It certainly is hot!  It's the hottest it's been all summer.  And of course now is when the air conditioner in the car has decided to stop working.  It gets cool, but not cold and certainly not comfortable when the car is red hot after work.  We don't have the money to fix it right now and we figure that the summer is almost over so we will save up to get it done next spring.

This has been a horrible week at work.  School starts next Monday and all the kids are in the library trying to get their summer reading books ("Sorry, you should have thought of that earlier.  All the copies are out.") and getting on the computer.  Of course there was the fist fight the other day and the screaming, cursing kids that were thrown out yesterday.  Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait to retire?

There has been a lot of work too with all the end of the month reports, supply lists, new magazines to put out, etc.  But... there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Most of the end of the month stuff has been completed.  Hurray!

I'm also finally getting to the end of the book on Henry VIII.  I started it on August 6th and although I am enjoying it I am so ready to read something else.  I think I can finish it tomorrow.

I took Joe to the VA Hospital for his appointment this morning.  Because I had overslept and hadn't gotten in the shower, gotten dressed for work, etc., I just dropped him off and went home to get ready.  It took me so long to get down there and back home.  The traffic was terrible.  So I didn't have much time at home before I had to head on back.

It was even worse going back.  I had just gotten onto I-95 when a police car pulled in front of me, lights flashing, and stopped all the traffic.  I sat there for about 10 minutes and then another police car came up the ramp followed by three huge wide load trucks.  The police in front of me then followed them.  These trucks were so wide they took up two lanes.  And they were moving so slowly.  So my 20 minute trip to pick up Joe ended up taking about an hour.  Obviously I did not make it to work on time.  I was 1 1/2 hours late.  So I had to take some vacation time.  Oh well.  I still walked into a crazy place.  So many people!  Where did they all come from?

We got our Saturday schedules today.  We are closed on Saturdays during the summer.  In two weeks we start up our Saturday hours again.  It really isn't too bad.  In fact, I may take a couple of extra Saturdays in order to have Fridays off.  It's easier to make doctor appointments and run errands on a weekday.

So that's all the news that's fit to print.  Tomorrow is Friday also known as Sonic Slush day.  I'm trying to decide what flavor to get on my way to work  Everyone at work asks me on Thursday what kind of slush I will get the next day.  I guess that makes me predictable.  Ha, ha.  Have a good night everyone.  I have another great Friday View in mind for my next post.

 
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I can't believe kids act and behave so inappropriate . Hang in there we are zooming though months fast as they come. Retirement will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Here's a big hug for you....I hate you have so many nasty days. I can't handle heat very well either. Thank you for the Charlie Brown cartoon....I can never see one without thinking of my daughters.We always loved the specials about the peanuts at holidays. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. Hope Joe did well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might get the freon level checked in your car and have some added. You can buy it at an auto parts store. i think my daughter got hers check at NAPA auto parts and the man put it in for her. It doesn't cost much. It is working again for her. Hope things go well for you. Sorry about all the mess of getting Joe to/from appt. I've been so tired this week. I need to get to bed earlier at night. Almost midnight is not a good option any more. I am starting to get hard on myself about it too. Yes, I love the Peanuts gang as well. Holiday specials are fun. We've had dry, hot weather lately as well. No rain yet. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been so hot here too. I was just saying the weather is seriously confused. I thought September signified Fall and here we are having the hottest temperatures we have had all summer. The good news for us is that it looks like next week is going to be pleasant and in the 70's

    I don't know how you put up with all the chaos you do in that library. How far away are you from retirement?

    Hope you get some rest my friend. Sounds like you need it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.