Wednesday, September 10, 2014

HARVEST MOON

I didn't know about the harvest moon on Monday.  Did you?  Where was I?  I only heard about it after the fact and so did not get any pictures of it.  I'm so bummed about that.

The harvest moon is the full moon that falls closest to the autumnal equinox.  I had seen (and photographed) the moon behind clouds the other night and thought it was almost full.  Why didn't I realize then?

So here are the couple of pictures I took.  Not very good, but hope you enjoy them.





 Not long now until autumn is here.  The weather has gone from in the 90s last week to the 70s this week.  The cooler air is nice, especially since the air conditioning is still not working in the car.  Hopefully getting that fixed tonight when some friends come over.  We'll see.

Kathy
--------------------------
Tuesday's weather:
Cloudy
High:  78 degrees
Low:  64 degrees
Sunrise:  6:35 a.m.
Sunset:  7:19 p.m.
12 hours and 44 minutes of daylight
The days are getting shorter and shorter.
Where are the 15 hours of daylight days? 


4 comments:

  1. Our temperatures are supposed to drop in the 70's this weekend. I have mixed emotions about it. I'm ready for Fall and all it has to offer but I'm definitely not ready for what follows, WINTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the moon photos! I didn't know about the harvest moon either. Oh well.....I do like the cooler temps. It's actually healthier for you & certainly better weather for walking!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't hear about the harvest moon, but the pictures are so neat!
    Hope you and joe are enjoying the fall.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew about it and actually caught a glimpse of it through the trees. I was in my jammies so could not run out to see it better or snap a photo! I have seen some really gorgeous ones in years past. I get so annoyed living here, we have so much smog, pollution and cloud cover all the time. I forget what stars look like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.