Tuesday, September 16, 2014

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING

Today is my 8th wedding anniversary.  It seems as if it were just yesterday.


It hardly seems possible that 8 years have passed since that day.  And yet so much has happened in that time.

The wedding party: our friend Rebekah, my sister Angela, my sister Elaine, me, Joe, Joe's nephew Stephen, Joe's nephew Greg, my brother Larry


My sister Elaine who was my maid of honor and me
 These pictures are not the greatest because they were on my computer screen and I took them from that.  But you can get the idea.

I loved our wedding cake.  Since Joe and I both collect teddy bears we got a Cherished Teddy cake topper.  I've never seen another wedding cake with teddies on the top. It was so us.



We had such plans for today.  But...  Yes, it's still Joe's back.  He was in a lot of pain and not able to get out of bed until this afternoon.  *sigh*  So going out to breakfast was out.  So was going out to lunch.

Yesterday when I got home from work I found a beautiful red rose that Joe had gotten me for our anniversary.  He had walked to the store while I was at work.  That was so very sweet of him.


Today he gave me a beautiful card.


We were going to go to a nice, romantic restaurant in New Jersey for dinner tonight.  But when Joe finally got up he still wasn't 100%.  I didn't want to chance being so far away from home, so suggested we just go to the Country Club.  That way we were only 15 minutes from home.  So that is what we did.  Joe had prime rib and I had veal francaise.  It was good.

Joe's salad.  Isn't it nice looking?



I was going to take a selfie of us together in the parking lot, but when we went outside it was pretty dark.  When did it start getting dark at 7:30?  And it was black out by the time we got home at 8:00.  It was chilly too.  I guess summer is really over.

In spite of everything, it's been a nice day.  (I even got to take a nap!)  It's back to work tomorrow, then I'm taking a few days off.  I'm looking forward to that.



Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! The photos are still beautiful. That day was a beautiful one. I'm sorry to hear
    Joe is still in pain. I hope it heals soon. His salad does look yummy,almost too pretty to eat...not! I know that while those may not have been your original I think it all worked out. I love naps!
    Love is for sharing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I'm glad you were a part of that day. At least we had dinner together.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Time really does fly. Enjoy your days off and do something fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry. I hope we can. We are thinking of going to Lancaster on Thursday. Maybe OC on Friday. We'll see how his back is.

      Delete
  3. Happy 8th Anniversary, Kathy. I hope Joe gets some relief. Pain especially back pain is not fun as we all know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know only too well, Barbara. Thanks for the good wishes. We did have a nice evening.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary..I hope you have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary May God continue to bless you both and keep you together for many more years!
    Beautiful pictures Kathy.
    Thank you for sharing
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, Marissa. Glad you liked the pictures. I wanted to use the ones from my wedding album, but it's buried somewhere.

      Delete
  6. I think your last picture of you and Joe captures everything!
    LOVE !
    Blessings to both of you on such a happy occasion, your wedding anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good dinner togetber even tho u didn't get your first cboice. Ya all looked good after all you have been thru. Happy anniversary and may God bless you with many more years together. Praying for you and Joe as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky! We still had a good time and will get to the other restaurant eventually.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.