Thursday, March 13, 2014

JULEP

I am not much of a makeup person.  I like to look natural, not look like a clown (like some people I know).  But I do like to fix myself up some.  And let's face it, at my age I need some fixing!  So I was interested when I read a post by Hollie at Blog-o-Holl*ic about this great company that she is getting things from.

I went online and looked over the site.  They give you a quiz to find out what kind of person you are colorwise.  Then they suggest certain products for you.  I came up with "It Girl".  I looked at their suggestions, but they just weren't me.  You can change to another category so I looked through them and found I liked the colors in "Modern Beauty" so that's what I ordered.  My first box was free.  I was also able to order two additional products.

So I was excited when I saw this when I got home from work yesterday.

I opened it and saw all of these things!

Here's what I got:

In the "Modern Beauty" package there was an eyeliner pencil, brown on one end and black on the other, with a sharpener, and a really beautiful lip gloss called "Charming".  Joe said it was charming on me. I also ordered two nail creams.  One is called Alaina and is sort of a gray/brown.  The other was a "mystery" color and turned out to be Isla, a silvery color.  They also always send an additional free gift and I got some makeup sponges and a 50% off coupon for my next box.  It's always guaranteed to be worth at least $40 and you pay $20 or less.

The good thing is you can cancel whenever you want with no penalty.  It's fun for now.  I know eventually I will get enough and want out so that's OK too.

Thanks, Hollie, for introducing me to this.  If you want to check them out their site is www.julep.com.  If you order, put "freebox" in the checkout code to get your first box free.

 Kathy
 ----------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather
Mostly cloudy/heavy rain in the evening (I was caught in it!)
High:  70 degrees
Low:  30 degrees (40 degree difference!)
Sunrise:  7:17 a.m.
Sunset:  7:04 p.m.
11 hours and 47 minutes of daylight

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, You are getting ready for spring... new cute make-up. I use the same brand I have for years. It works for me...I just use less of it as I age. I have given up brights. Hope your day is great, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was super fast!!! I didnt really love the "classic with a twist" choices either, so I've always picked a different box... looks like you got some awesome stuff! So glad you're happy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see you all dolled up!
    Lovely sunny day today, after the storm....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun thing to do!! Amber gets something similar every month. I use old make up forever! I make up at least 5 days out of 7 - I am so pale with colorless brows and lashes that I am practically featureless!
    I use stuff I have had for YEARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the pretty new you! Though I'm just as happy with the original you. Sounds like a good deal. Enjoy the colors!
    As spring approaches, it is a time for all things to become new.Try new things,change up colors....While I'm not
    a big make-up user,my thing is changing colors etc in the house.
    My hyacinths are starting to peek through. I absolutely LOVE the scent! I don't think a room spray can top
    this fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love trying new products although I rarely do now that I'm older! lol Maybe I should be brave. I've let my hair go natural....gray so I'm changing some things. Thanks for the link my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.