Sunday, March 2, 2014

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

Yes, it's that time of year where I will begin to show you "how my garden grows."


Look, just a little bit of snow and some dead grass.  And sunshine.  I'm going to look at it while I can since there is a major snowstorm coming tomorrow and it will be all snow and ice again.


I was glad to see the gazing ball and my ceramic mushrooms made it through the storms.  I forgot to bring them in.

We filled the bird feeder and suet cage today.  Then I watched the birds from inside the house.  I had moved the feeder closer to the house and wanted to make sure they found it.  It didn't take long until there were a bunch of sparrows there.






 
 These pictures aren't the best because I took them through two panes of glass, but you get the idea.

No color in the garden now.  It all looks kind of blah.  But in a few weeks (hopefully) there will be a lot of color to show you.

I will have some color in the house soon though.  My Easter Cactus is about to bloom.

See the bud?

I'm not sure, but I think there may be two!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I also feed the birds (mostly sparrows). On colder days,three or four crowd into the feeder waiting. I love watching them. Russ noticed that the very tips of my hyacinths are peeking out. I'm praying that they won't
    totally freeze & die. I LOVE the scent of hyacinth! Wish they made a room spray....but nothing could improve on nature.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, We feed the birds too. Ted says at times, they are going to have to get a job, if they want more seed. LOL. Honey, we did not get as much snow as was predicted, hope you don't either. I will be watching your garden take shape on your blog, hopefully. Hope you and your husband are doing better now. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were predicted 15 inches of snow and got 3 inches. I'll take it! Just a few more weeks till spring!

      Delete
  3. Spring will make it's way here , I admit I am getting impatient , can't wait to garden again :)
    Love the Christmas cactus !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip Hip Hooray! It's sunny today!
    Spring, like you said, it around the corner.
    I'm sure your Spring will be glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.