Monday, March 31, 2014

MOVIE MONDAY -- FROZEN






2013 Film

Fearless optimist Anna sets off on an epic journey -- teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven -- to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.

Release date: November 27, 2013 (USA)


Running time: 108 minutes

Initial DVD release: March 18, 2014 (USA)
 
MPAA rating: PG, G
-------------------------------------------------------------
This movie was much better than I expected it to be.  I love animation.  I always have.  And I love Disney movies.  So this was a real treat for me.  I am amazed at the computer generated animation that is out there today as opposed to the line drawings that I saw growing up.  They are so real that sometimes it's hard to believe that you aren't watching real live people.
The music was just wonderful.  I understand why the one song was up for an Oscar.  To me this movie was reminiscent of an old Broadway musical.  The parts where people burst into song was worthy of Rodgers and Hammerstein.
There are always some amusing characters in a Disney movie and the snowman Olaf and reindeer Sven did not disappoint me.  They were the comic relief in an otherwise rather suspenseful story.
If you want to see a fun movie, this is the one for you. 


Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    All my friends have watched Frozen I haven't had that chance yet. Waiting for it to come out on Netflix I heard the same. A really good movie.
    cant wait till Tealyn is old enough to watch Disney movies with.
    Hope you and Joe are doing good..
    Have a nice Monday & a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, My g.daughter brought that movie with her this last visit. It was good...the music better than the story line...but hey it's for kids. Hope you have good weather, we are. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to see the movie this week, my granddaughter bought it last week.
    Thanks for the review !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a big Disney/animation fan. Haven't gotten to see this yet but hope to soon. All the
    trailers I've seen are adorable! Even without seeing it yet,I think I want to adopt Sven.Appreciate
    the review.
    hugs & sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, Thanks for the recent visit to our blog. We always enjoy "meeting new blog friends. Frozen may be added to our DVD movies once the price drops. We saw it in the theatre and really enjoyed it as well. Sven and and Olaf were great and the songs were wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from the library. It's free that way.

      Delete
  6. We have heard so many good things about this movie and we love Disney movies. Can't wait to see it! I already have one of the songs in my head! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.