Saturday, February 15, 2014

VALENTINE'S DAY


I hope you all had a wonderful day today.  Look what I saw when I woke up today.  The sun!  What a welcome sight!




And we didn't get as much snow as predicted.

 
 
In fact we went out later and the sun had melted all of the snow that fell last night and we didn't even have to shovel.

I made Joe his favorite breakfast -- cinnamon french toast.

There was a car stuck across the street so Joe and our next-door neighbor George got out their shovels and helped dig him out.  That's what I like about where I live -- everyone helps each other.

It's little Miss A's first Valentine's Day and she's one month old.  She's just so adorable!

 
I thought I would show you some of my Valentine's decorations.  I didn't get a lot up this year, but I like what I did.
I love my little heart vase.  I got it years ago at a dollar store.  It's so cute.  Some of the roses in it are from my collection of wooden roses.

This is the wreath on my front door.  I got it from Avon.  It used to have a cupid sitting in it, but he broke.  I think it still looks good even without Cupid.

Here is the one red rose that Joe bought me.  Every year he gets me one red rose.  It's a very special thing between us.

The heart light in my front window.
I treated myself to a cup of hot chocolate this afternoon.  It just hit the spot on this snowy day.  I love hot chocolate!

I was going to make Joe a nice dinner tonight, but he wanted pizza.  Go figure.  So he ordered his favorite white pie with broccoli.

It's been a long day and I still haven't gotten done what I had planned.  Tomorrow will be even longer because of the funeral for Joe's sister.  But for tonight, all is well.
My shirt says "Snow in Love".  Very appropriate for this snowy Valentine's Day.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday's weather:
Sunny
High:  44 degrees (above freezing!)
Low:  29 degrees
Sunrise:  6:54 a.m.
Sunset:  5:35 p.m.
10 hours and 41 minutes of daylight

4 comments:

  1. I adore your blog today! Your decorations are so pretty! The heart vase is unusual:great what you can find in those stores. Miss A steals the show! I think most children know where the camera is...
    Funny about the pizza. We were supposed to out but everywhere was lakes,not puddles..bigger! So we called out for
    pizza for lunch & I made fish for dinner.We may go on Sunday when things kinda melt & dry out.I agree about the hot
    chocolate.Really warms one up!
    The best was the "taken: saying. I read it twice & still laughed! Love it!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You day sounds as if it turned out very well. I like your decorations !! You know that pizza looked very good to me .Broccoli?? Who knew? We got more snow also. The sun is shining right now, maybe some will slowly melt, that's how I want it to melt, slowly...so no flooding. Bless your hearts for helping the person stuck. Hope everything goes well getting to and from the funeral..hug your Joe for us. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Valentine's Day, Kathy. Love the one rose tradition between you and hubby. Your wreath looks great- you'd never even know it had a cupid on it. Looks like you all have had your share of snow, too. Blessings- I know today must have been a hard one for you and Joe- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Valentine's day post. We had a good day out for my birthday. I am going to post that soon. Today we went and found a watch for me, another present. So hard to find one that would fit my small wrist. I found one I thought would work. Even if the lady at the jewelry counter took off 3 links it would move too much on my arm. Sigh! I got one that's nice but still will need to take it to the jewelers here in town to get a few links removed. I think that pizza sounded good that Joe ordered. We had new little flatizzas at Subway tonight. They were good! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.