Tuesday, February 4, 2014

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

I looked out the window yesterday morning and was greeted with this sight.


Then I looked out the front and saw this:

 Yes, more snow.  We got about 5 inches here.  This time instead of light powdery skiing snow we got heavy wet snowman building snow.  It was really hard to clean off my car.

I was hoping that I would get off from work, but no such luck.

I had to drop the money off at the bank again today.  When I got there I couldn't find any parking.  I drove around and around and finally got a spot but a long way from where I wanted to be.  The bank was so full.  I forgot it was the 3rd and people were getting their welfare and Social Security checks.  Fortunately I was able to get into the commercial line and that moved quickly.  When I got out the snow had fallen so quickly that I had to clean off my car again.

Driving was a nightmare.  Even with the defroster on the windows kept steaming up.  I ended up driving to work with the windows down and the snow blowing in on me.  Not fun.

But...  it sure was pretty when I pulled up in front of the library.

It snowed almost all day.  At lunch I took a few pictures through the side and front doors.







It had stopped snowing by the time I left to go home.  I usually take Diane part of the way.  So we each took a brush and cleaned off the car.  It took 15 minutes with both of us doing it.  Getting out of the spot was hard.  But once we were out, the driving wasn't all that bad.

When I got home, there was no parking anywhere.  I drove around for awhile, then decided to see if I could get over a snowdrift to park across the street.  It was hard, but I did it.  I am going to have to leave early to go to work today because I don't know if I can get out.  I might have some digging in front of me.

So that's it for now.  More snow is predicted for Wednesday and Saturday.  We'll see.

Also, for those of you who have been praying, Joe's sister passed away on Monday night.  Thank you for all of your prayers on her behalf.  Please now pray for the family, especially Joe's nephew Jerry who lost his father July 2011 and has now lost his mother.
Joe's nephew Jerry, his sister Theresa, and his brother-in-law "Big" Jerry
-------------------------------------------------------------
Monday's weather
Snow
High:  44 degrees
Low:  27 degrees
Sunrise:  7:07 a.m.
Sunset:  5:22 p.m.
10 hours and 15 minutes of daylight

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am so sorry for Joe's loss. I will pray for his nephew. It's hard losing our parents. Doesn't matter how old we are. Please Kathy be careful going out and about. You are in for the same big snows we are getting. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Joe have my deepest sympathy. Thank you for letting us know so we can keep everyone in our prayers.

    I hope Spring will come soon and that it brings you beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I am so sorry for Joe's loss. I will be praying for all of you and his family.
    I also hope it starts warming up for you all.
    Sunshine can do wonders.
    xo-marissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'll keep the whole family in my prayers. It's so hard to lose someone you're close to. I love your snow pics...especially the beautiful fence and library. Hope you stay warm and safe through all of this! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our deepest sympathy on Theresa's passing. We will pray for you & the family.May the Lord's peace surround all.
    Love the pictures! The snow makes everything look so ethereal..Even walking ...then you try to walk in it! I had to go for milk & it was so slippery! Usually it's safe to walk in the street,but even the car tracks are bad.Glad to get home.
    Be safe & warm as you travel. Lottsa love & prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.