Tuesday, February 25, 2014

SATURDAY WITH DONNA

It's been a long time since my friend, Donna, and I have been able to get together.  Our schedules just don't seem to mesh.  When I am free, she isn't and when she is, I'm not.  Joe's sister being sick and then her death and Donna's father having medical issues that she is helping with didn't help either.  But finally last Saturday we were able to meet up and spend a big chunk of time together.

The first thing we did was to go to the farm.  She had never been to Greensgrow and I wanted to go to the Farmer's Market while it was open.  It's open only a few days during the winter.  I wanted to get some things and knew Donna would be interested in seeing it.  I was right.  We both ended up spending more than we thought we would.  Here's what I got this week:

A red onion, sweet potatoes, carrots, Pink Lady apples, an Asian pear and a loaf of Italian bread.
 Pink Lady apples are Joe's favorite.  He said it was juicy, sweet and absolutely wonderful.  We both love Asian pears too.  I had it in the salad I made for dinner on Sunday.  (I talked Donna into getting one.  I hope she likes it.)

We left the farm and went to Rite Aid.  I needed to get a few things.  As usual I went down the 50% off aisle looking for bargains.  I really wanted to get some little things for the back yard this year, but everything I liked was too expensive even at half off.  Then...

I saw these concrete jeweled animals.  There were birds, frogs, and one bunny.  And the price was right ($2.50).  I took the bunny and I am saving it for Easter.  I had to take the bunny, didn't I?  It was the only one there.  It was lonely.
See the pink butterfly on its side?  Butterflies are special to me.


Isn't it cute?

We ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  We both love it there. While we were eating who should walk in but my mailman!  Besides being our mailman, Paul is also a friend of Joe and myself.  So I got the chance to talk with him for a few minutes.

Donna needed to stop at Pathmark for some cat food, so that's where we ended up.  I was able to pick up a few things I needed also.

It was a fun day.  We have already made plans to do this again in a few weeks.

Kathy
----------------------------------------
 Monday's weather
Sunny
High:  40 degrees
Low:  31 degrees
Sunrise:  6:41 a.m.
Sunset:  5:47 p.m.
11 hours and 6 minutes of daylight

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, It sounds as if you truly had a great day with your friend, We sure need those , don't we. I think you got some nice food items at the market. I have gotten to were I get in the store and snatch and grab and get out. I just don't enjoy my shopping. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun! It's the simple things we seem to enjoy the best, isn't it? My friend Brenda and I try to have lunch at least once a month. I used to work with her at State Farm and we go WAY back to our church days. When we lived in the RV and came home once a month - I ALWAYS hade lunch with her. Now that I'm back home - it's like once in a blue moon! Go figure!! Relationships are important and we must never stop trying to stay connected!! I plan on meeting her at her office on Thursday!!
    Love the fresh produce! Louis Dean and I could never buy just ONE of ANYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day sounds like you had lots of fun. Even simple errands are more fun when done
    with a friend! The produce looks delicious....and Pink Ladies are back! I agree,they are really
    good.
    Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.