Wednesday, February 12, 2014

THE BIG ONE

2 days to Valentine's Day

Two days to go to the sweetest day of the year and we are being hit with a nor'easter.  It has already begun to snow.  We are supposed to get snow, sleet, ice, freezing rain and finally rain from now until midnight tomorrow.  We are supposed to get an accumulation of 12 inches.  The last I heard my sister is supposed to get 16 inches.
 
I have been planning on taking Joe out for breakfast on Friday morning for Valentine's Day.  We will have to see if that is still feasible.  And Joe's sister's funeral is on Saturday.  Don't know how we will get to that either.  The only thing we can do is wait and see how it is.  It's supposed to get warmer and the streets should be salted by then so maybe it won't be quite so bad by then.  This winter has been just so bad!

We got the word tonight that the library system is closed tomorrow.  I'm so relieved to not have to face driving in this.  The mayor has called for a snow emergency for the city.

So since I am not going to work I have lots of plans for tomorrow.  Let's hope my energy level stays high (at least for half the day) so I can accomplish things.  I want to get a couple of loads of wash done (isn't there always wash to do?), get caught up with the dishes, bake some cookies, make some vegetable soup, clean the living room...  I certainly will not be bored!

Hopefully I will also have some pictures of my Valentine's decorations to show you too.  They are really pretty.
-----------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather
Sunny/evening snow
High:  27 degrees
Low:  23 degrees  (I will look back on this with envy when it's 100 degrees this summer)
Sunrise:  6:57 a.m.
Sunset:  5:33 p.m.
10 hours and 36 minutes of daylight
It's the big one, folks!
Snow LateSnow LateSnow Late

3 comments:

  1. I heard the mayor & was glad knowing you didn't have to go out.Dare I say...I'm enjoying the beauty of it.......
    from safe & warm inside? You must admit it is pretty. I love having no noise & listening to the sound on the window,
    downspout;just a melody of God watering his flowers. I know it's hard to think that when you're chilly,but like a parent
    placing a glass of water beside a child's bed,God is letting this moisture seep in to be ready when the blooms need
    it in the spring....
    Russ,my loving husband, asked me to break up the bread I put out for the sparrows. He'd put it out as he saw
    one or two. Well,once out there were 4,yes FOUR! crammed into my little porch-type feeder. He was amazed at how many landed to share 'breakfast'. I'm glad we could share this moment.
    Guess I won't be walking the dogs today....the hard part will be getting the poodle back IN! She adores the snow & can't wait to shove her whole face into a drift.Looks like a face covered in sugar! Ha Ha
    Stay warm & safe ,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    I am praying for all of you getting this storm. The people in the south are really having a bad time. let's pray their power stays on. Or that is gets back on a soon as possible. You take care if you go out....you may be making Joe a nice breakfast at home. Thinking of you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! I haven't made waffles in awhile and that just may be his Valentine's Day breakfast!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.