Saturday, August 31, 2013

GIRL'S DAY OUT

My friend Debbie and I got together today to just hang out.  We hardly ever get to see each other so it was good to make time to be together, talk and just generally enjoy each other's company.

I was getting myself ready to go out when I leaned over the basin to wash my hands and threw my back out.  If it isn't one thing, it's another with me.  So I took one of the anti-inflammatory pills the doctor gave me for my knees and kept on going.

First I picked up Debbie at her house.

And we went to the library to return her books.  Since the library wasn't open today, she just put them into the drop box.


On the way home we stopped at Target because I wanted to get a mum.


I was going to get one big mum, but the medium ones were on sale so I thought I'd get one of those instead.  Then we saw a rack of little 6 inch pots that were on sale for $2.89 each.  We started looking at those, putting different colors together, and ended up with this.


The first thing we did when we got back to my house was plant them.  So many times I put it aside for later and then forget.  So they are in the pot I cleaned out last week and looking beautiful.



I also found my pinwheel and stuck it in my little flower bed.


We ate lunch together, swapped recipes and talked our way through the afternoon.  So much fun.  I also decorated my dishwasher.  I'm not rushing the season am I?  I am so looking forward to tomorrow.


When I took Debbie home she took me outside to her yard to see her coleus.  I thought mine was nice but WOW!  Hers are over two feet tall and FULL.  Fantastic!  She has four different varieties and they are just beautiful.  This is just a portion of them.

 
Of course her babies had to come out with us.  They are sweet dogs.


 I was going to get a picture of her cat also, but just as I was about to take it, the batteries died in my camera.  At least it wasn't something that I'll never see again.

So now I am off to make lemon chicken for dinner.  Yum.  

Partly CloudyPartly cloudy
High:  87 degrees at 2:45 p.m.
Low:  74 degrees tonight
Sunrise:  6:27 a.m.
Sunset:  7:35 p.m.
Days are getting shorter my friends.

1 comment:

  1. It was such fun!! I am soo happy we had time together. I'm sorry I was looking down in the photo with my furkids,but it is difficult to wrangle 3 dogs! They are well behaved but...Fyi the middle one,
    Dallas, will be 21 on Nov 16. I adopted her at 16 & she's still going!
    We'll have to do this again.
    Lottsa love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.