Thursday, August 8, 2013

BACK TO WORK

It's been interesting going back to work.  I went back on Monday feeling great.  There is so much work to catch up on having worked at the McPherson Branch and then being off for a week on vacation.  But I've been nibbling away at it and I think by the end of the week I will have caught up on everything.  Just in time to go to McPherson next week.  Then I will be behind on everything again.  *Sigh*  

I knew I was back to work when on Monday an older woman told me I was stupid because when she didn't have her library card I looked her up by her license.  Her name on her license was Elizabeth and her name on her library card was Betty.  I couldn't find her in the database.  I should have known she only used Elizabeth for legal purposes.  OK...

Then on Tuesday I waited on a guy who was so high on drugs he was manic.  He took out movies, put some back, changed them to ones I hadn't checked in yet (even though I told him they were not available), took out too many, put some back...  And then he said his name was John and he was pleased to meet me.  He asked what my name was and I said "Mrs. S...."  He said, "Aren't you going to tell me your first name?"  I said, "My first name is Mrs."  Ha, ha.  But I wasn't going to tell him my name.

Wednesday Joe had a doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital with his neurologist.  He got Carole to take him down so that I wouldn't miss any more work.  But when he got there, his blood sugar was low (even though he had eaten breakfast) and he almost passed out.  He had to have a volunteer take him to his appointment in a wheelchair.  Thank goodness Carole was with him.  She was such a big help.  The nurse there gave him some graham crackers and ginger ale and his sugar went back up.  So we will be keeping an eye on his levels more closely.  Since he lost so much weight he may be taking too much medication for his diabetes now.  I am going to get him to go to the doctor to get that checked out.

So that has been my interesting week.  Today I am going to the dentist to have the beginning of my root canal.  I still have to go to work afterwards because if I don't there won't be enough people to open the branch.  This should be fun.  NOT.

2 comments:

  1. kathy,
    you have had a great week!
    I cannot believe grown people behaving that way over a library card just blows my mind! I think I would of said something sassy to her. And that crazy guy on drugs I would of called the cops... wow there is alot of drama at the library these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently not all the library's
    'characters' are in books...
    I will pray for Joe & hope he feels better soon.
    Welcome back! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.