Wednesday, August 21, 2013

IS IT A FULL MOON?

 

 Why yes, as a matter of fact it is.  A blue moon at that.  And you could tell it today too.  

Remember I mentioned the other week about a woman who came into the library without her card and I tried to find her name in the database under Elizabeth?  It turned out she used Betty and she reamed me out for not knowing that.  Well today she returned and of course I'm the lucky one who waited on her.  She handed me her card, I scanned it, and handed it back to her saying "Thank you" as I always do.  I scanned her books, got her date due receipt, handed her everything and said, "Thanks.  Have a nice day."  She proceeded to yell at me that I am the most unpleasant person she has ever had to deal with.  There was a man standing behind her who started laughing and told her I was the nicest one in the library.  She then became furious and said she was going to report me downtown.  Let her.  I did nothing wrong.

It was a mad house at work and I actually went home for lunch just to get out of the place.  I would have ended up working straight through my lunch.

After work I stopped at Rite Aid to get some water since we were out.  I was just about to get waited on when a woman started screaming at the cashier because the photo machine was broken.  According to her it's "always" broken.  She needed copies of some pictures to give to someone in a half hour.  So she screamed at the top of her lungs that she was reporting the store (and the poor cashier who had nothing to do with it) to "Corporate Headquarters" and literally slammed out the door.  I thought she was going to break the glass.  The rest of us had a good laugh, talked about the blue moon and told the cashier to calm down and not worry about it.  I told her about my experience this morning and the people in line who I didn't even know were laughing.  It made me feel so much better.

Tomorrow I am seeing the dentist at 9:30 a.m. and hopefully will get the root canal finished and the tooth will be done with.  Please pray that I don't get another infection.  I don't know how I would deal with that.

Then at 11:30 a.m. I have an appointment with my doctor because my left knee is so swollen that I can't bend it and I have trouble putting any weight on it.  It's been real fun at work today.  I know it's the arthritis I have, but hopefully the doctor will be able to give me something to relieve the swelling and pain.  I know I really have to see an orthopedist.  And soon.  After all of these appointments I will be headed for work where I'll be until 8:00 p.m.  *Sigh*

I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner.  
 
It was a shrimp stir fry, but since I don't eat shrimp I made it with some left over flounder cut in strips.  It had zucchini, corn and tomatoes and the fish was fried with garlic.  I put fresh basil and lemon juice on top of it at the end and served it over rice.  It turned out good, but it was hard for me to eat because the rice kept getting caught in my bad tooth.

It was really hot today.  Summer is back and I'm loving it.  And we had an awesome sunset tonight.


So now it's after 11:00 p.m. and it's about time I make it into bed.  It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

SunnySunny
High 90 degrees at 2:25 p.m. EDT
Low 68 degrees at 7:05 a.m. EDT
Sunrise:  6:18 a.m. EDT
Sunset:   7:48 p.m. EDT

5 comments:

  1. I'm up late too!! Prayers that the appointments go well tomorrow.
    Regarding work - you just cannot please some people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it was even a blue moon until I saw someone post it on Facebook last night LOL!

    Hope your root canal goes well. Those things are NO FUN! I had one a few months back. It's so nice though when it's all said and done and the pain is gone.

    Have a good day at work or at least try my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Full Moon!
    Dinner looks yummy.

    Let us know about the out come of your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just some people you cannot please. The dinner looked delicious!
    Prayers that all goes well for both of your appointments.
    Take care,my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, imagine how poorly these folks feel about themselves? Dealing with the public is not easy. You are victim to all the mercurial moods! Feel better, and good luck at the dentist. Ice that knee, 20 minutes on, 20 off. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.