Friday, August 23, 2013

AND THE OUTCOME IS...

I woke up really early today and was just putzing around for awhile.  I watched some TV, read, made and ate breakfast, fed and watered Jenny.  I was just about to get into the shower when I got a phone call from the dentist.  I thought my appointment was 9:30 and here it was 9:00.  Oh my!  I threw on some clothes, ran out the door and got there as fast as I could.  But I was very late and they had to reschedule the appointment.  It is just as well because I still have a little bit of the infection and it hopefully will be totally gone by next week.  I'll have finished the antibiotics by then too.

So I headed back home, hopped in the shower, changed my clothes and headed to the doctor's office.  I did have the right time for that.  I told him what was going on with my knee -- the pain and swelling.  He looked at it, comparing it with my other knee.  Let's just say the right one was slightly swollen and the left one looked like a basketball!  He examined me and said I had torn a ligament.  I have to stay off of it as much as possible for the next two weeks.  He wanted me to stay out of work all that time, but I can't.  Having my surgery a few months back has used up just about all of my sick time.  I need to get paid.  So I am out until Monday.  However, if it gets worse, I will have no choice but to stay out.  It is now in an ace bandage, elevated, and I have a prescription for Mobic which is an anti-inflamatory.  I take it once a day and it makes me drowsy, so I am taking it with dinner (have to take it with food) so if I fall asleep, I am home.  I took the first dose about four hours ago and already I am feeling some better.

When I called work to tell Boss that I wouldn't be in, he was very upset and started questioning me.  It was like I was trying to be out sick.  I told him it wasn't my choice to be in pain.  And I have a doctor's note.  I guess he's really frustrated because we don't have enough people to keep the library open, but it's not my fault and don't take it out on me.

Everywhere Joe and I went today, we kept running into our friend John.  John is the only person that we were both friends with individually before we got married.  He is such a great guy and we hardly ever see him.  First we went to Wawa so I could get some money out of the ATM.  Well, I gave Joe my card and he went in to get it.  I saw John go into the store and knew they would meet up.  Then we went to the pharmacy and there was John.  Isn't that something?  We don't see him for months and then wherever we turn, there he is.  He was even driving behind us as we were driving home.  We finally turned and lost him -- ha, ha.

There was another beautiful sunset today.  I thought it looked like a pond with hills around it.  Very unusual and very pretty.


Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and Joe is going to have to help me because I am sort of handicapped right now.  The yard looks like a jungle and the house is a mess.  Cleaning up is the plan for the weekend.  I am really sleepy, probably because of the medicine, so I am going to have to end.  Until later...

Isolated T-StormsThursday
Scattered thunder storms
High:  85 degrees at 11:45 a.m.
Low:  75 degrees at 5:25 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:19 a.m.
Sunset:  7:47 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. Sleep well.....drugs can be wonderful sleep aids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get healed soon and completely.



    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I've had ligament issues & can empathize with you. Meds can be a beautiful thing....
    Rest,relax & catch up on reading!
    Lottsa love & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, dear, pain! Praying for you and get some things done, little bit at a time. We finally got rain last night. Maybe more today which is fine. There's been so many wildfires in eastern OR that it's scary. We've not had rain for 3 months and it's been hot as well, which is unusual. But it's cooling down a bit and fall is coming! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    I am sending you a hug...dang girl, you been through too much. I had two sick bouts and broke a tooth this summer...My tooth is repaired and waiting for the flipper so I can have it extracted and an implant put in and my class reunion is around the corner...you know honey, some times when it rains , it pours. :):)May God bless us , both.:):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.