Friday, April 13, 2012

FREE (?) FRIDAY

Since I am working tomorrow, today was my day off.  I had the day all planned out, but it didn't turn out at all like I expected.  I had planned to get the living room all cleaned up, do a couple loads of laundry, to make a nice dinner, and to take my friend Debbie to the new Wal-Mart.

Well, the only thing I did was run, run, run.  First I took Joe to his meeting with Pastor Justin, then picked up Debbie and we went to Wal-Mart.  I wasn't going to buy anything because I had just been there two days ago, but you know how that turned out.  I haven't taken pictures, but it was mostly food anyway.  I have the ingredients for some really good dinners this week.

Pastor Justin took Joe home.  But I had to go home too because I forgot and left my driver's license in my jacket pocket.  Oops!  When I got there, Joe wanted to go to Home Depot to return some things, so he hopped into the car with us.  I dropped Debbie off and we went to Home Depot.  Then he wanted to go to Wal-Mart, so for the second time today I ended up there.  I have a feeling that store is going to be my new home very quickly.

When I left Wal-Mart for the second time, I was very hungry.  I hadn't had much of a breakfast and no lunch.  So I headed for Checkers to get something to tide me over for dinner.  But Joe insisted on buying me a whole dinner so I wouldn't have to cook.  That was wonderful!

While we were eating we watched the movie "Tin Tin".  If you haven't seen it, do.  It was great!  That and "Hugo" were the two best movies I have seen in a long time.

So cleaning and laundry went down the drain.  Oh well, there's always the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha- Your day sounds as busy as mine was. All I did today was run, run, run. I'm looking forward to a much slower paced weekend. I'm so glad we don't have a Walmart real close (nearest one is 30 minutes) or I'd be broke!!!!!

    Hope you have a nice & productive weekend Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spent precious time with a friend as well as your beloved. Win! WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmart was fun! I will probably be picking up some groceries there often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.