Sunday, April 22, 2012

MEMBERS, RAIN AND WORK

 

What a dreary, rainy day it has been.  We need the rain so badly, so I am not complaining.  I am looking forward to seeing my garden get lush and green.  I have to get out there this week and do some weeding as well as take some photos.  The roses are out already!

We had "New Members Sunday" at church today.  Twelve people officially became members of Wissinoming Bible Fellowship Church.  We have not had anyone join in some time so this was a very exciting day.  I was sitting in the back pew and thought, "I wish I could take pictures of my friends becoming members."  Then I realized I always have a camera with me.  Duh...  I pulled it out of my purse and got four pictures of the ceremony.




Here Elder Bud is giving them the responsibilities of membership which they all agreed to.

Elder Bud and Elder Shawn then gave them the Right Hand of Fellowship and welcomed them into the membership of the church.

 
I was sitting in the back for a reason.  I had to leave in the middle of the message in order to make it home in time to get something to eat and leave for work.  I don't work many Sundays, but today was one of my days.  On Sundays I work at the Northeast Regional Library where I was for 8 years.  It's nice to go back there and see some of my old friends.  The people I was working with today were the best.  It was very slow (probably because of the rain) so because we hadn't seen each other in awhile we were catching up on what was going on.  Really nice.  And the overtime pay isn't bad either.

So what does everyone think of the new blogger?  I was really surprised when I went on tonight.  I guess we will all get used to it.

I'm really tired, so I'm heading for bed.  Monday morning comes quickly.  I am going to take my DVD of Downton Abbey to with me to bed so I can watch another episode before I go to sleep.  Joe and I are so hooked on that show.  We are up to episode 3 of season 1.  So good.  If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Good night, everyone.  And thanks for all your comments on my last post.  It meant a lot to me.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about Downtown Abbey...but never seen it...that's it, I've got to see what all the hub-bub is about...looking forward to it! Also, I was surprised to see one of your libraries open on a Sunday...our libraries are not...well all of the ones here in my county aren't...but not sure about other counties. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Don't go tryin' to rub it in about those Philadelphia Flyers beating our Pittsburgh Penguins!! hahaha! Oh man, our Pittsburgh fans are just sooo sad! This is so big for them. I don't watch hockey...my heart is with the Pittsburgh Steelers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.