Tuesday, April 10, 2012

AN ALL-DAY STAFF MEETING AND PICTURES OF A LANCASTER SHOPPING TRIP

Today was the infamous all-day staff meeting.  The day started off not so good.  My sister left to go see a couple of friends.  I won't see her now until Memorial Day.  I miss her so much already.

I left for work 5 minutes later than I expected to, but I had left myself lots of time so that was OK.  I started to go my usual way and the street was closed off and dug up.  So I had to do a detour.  That put me even later.  Then on the second street I was on there was a handicapped van picking someone up.  So instead of waiting for traffic to pass, a whole line of cars and trucks came into the lane with on-coming traffic (namely face at me) and wouldn't let me or anyone else drive forward.  One guy even gave me the finger.  And he was in MY lane!  So I knew what kind of day I was going to have.

I picked up Barbara, Bob and Diane and we made record time getting downtown in rush hour traffic.  We were given packets and pens and ushered into breakfast.  They had bagels, muffins and bottles of water.  Then one group went to hear a lecture and my group went to a workshop.  There were various choices, but Diane, Dianne and I went together to the one on Deferred Compensation.  It was pretty interesting and I thought it might not be too bad of a day.

Next was a break of soft pretzels.  And then a second workshop on e-books.  Diane and I thought it would be really interesting.  It was really boring.  We sat in the back of the room and kept whispering to each other to stay awake.  It was very technical and completely over my head.

After that it was lunch.  We had a choice of chicken, tuna, turkey, ham, vegan, vegetarian or kosher.  Diane and I chose the chicken salad and Barbara had the turkey.  We were each given a paper bag.  We had a choice of more water or soda.  When we opened the bags, the sandwiches were on all different types of rolls.  Fortunately we each got the kind of roll we liked.  There was also a bag of chips, an apple, cookies a mint and a handwipe.  It was good!  But I couldn't eat it all, so I brought the leftovers home.

The afternoon was two very long, very boring speeches.  Diane, Dianne and I had a very hard time staying awake.  All three of us were dozing through most of it.

We got out 1/2 hour early and I was able to beat rush hour on the way home.  I dropped everyone off and was able to get home at a decent hour.  I am SO glad that is over.  It is back to a regular day at work tomorrow.

I read your comments from yesterday, so thought I would post some pictures of a few of the things I bought to show you.  First of all, Marion a spider is a webbed scoop used to fish things out of a pan.  For instance, I had tortellini for dinner.  I used it to take the pasta out of the boiling water.


I've had the small one for years and loved it.  I got the large one yesterday.

This is the bunny I got at Lenox.  It's called a "Blue Bunny" but it's more iridescent than blue.


And here is the toadstool for the yard that I got at Bird-In-Hand.  It is so cute.


And Debbie, you are right.  There are a few more things, but they are gifts.  No peeking anyone!

Thanks everyone for your comments.  It really helps me to know what you want to see.  And, Christine, I didn't forget about you, either.  The potato salad recipe is coming up later this week.

I'm really tired, so that's it for now.  Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived your day! When I used to work for the gas company we had to attend lots of trainings/meetings and they were always so boring! At least they fed ya :)

    LOVE the toadstool for the yard. So darn cute!

    Get some rest dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.