Saturday, April 9, 2011

THIS AND THAT

Being sick the last two weeks I have not kept up on this blog.  Now that I am feeling better I thought I would post some pictures I've been meaning to show you.


Remember the super moon back on March 19th?  Here's my photo of it.  I couldn't get a really good shot of it though.


I used to have lots of African violets.  All colors.  Single, double, frilled.  Then all of a sudden they all started dying.  I tried again.  All died.  It has been several years since I had an African violet.  I bought this one at the farm last fall.  I paid $1 for it.  It was a couple of leaves and sort of wilted.  I put it in an African violet pot and put it on my coffee table.  When my sister came to visit around Christmas time, she put it in the front window.  It has thrived there.  Here is the first flower.  It has lots of flowers now.  (See my smiling face?)


Here is my haul from the farm last week.  Joe was not feeling well, so my friend, Debbie, went with me.  It's a lot for one person to carry.  Almost everyone has two people picking things up.  The theme was "Use Your Noodle!"  We got 1 bunch of basil, 1 bag of spinach, 1 bunch of kale rabe, 1 lb. of parsnips, 1 baguette, 1 jar of homemade tomato sauce, a piece of Romano cheese, 2 strawberry yogurts, 1 dozen eggs, and 1 lb. of fresh angel hair pasta.  I have never had fresh pasta before.  It was very good.

By the way, for those of you who were wondering, I made the Swiss chard with the tomato sauce.  I posted the recipe earlier.  It was wonderful and I highly recommend it if you have never had Swiss chard before.  I'm thinking of making the kale that way.



Here are my flowers for this week.  They are greenish-yellow carnations with red edges.  I had to get them because they are so unusual.

Tonight we were both feeling better, so Joe and I went to the diner for dinner.  He had meatloaf and I had roast chicken with stuffing.  It was very good.

I hope I have gotten caught up with this post.  More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to grow African Violets. Good luck with yours! It looks very nice.

    Your farm produce looks yummy. Oh, and that is a super picture of Super Moon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.